Torrent speed drops instantly from 1.5 mb/s+ to <2 kb/s

millo31

So here I was, with my fixed old computer downloading torrents. I had just installed utorrent on this computer (I have over a year of experience in torrenting) and I have been downloading torrents one at a time all day, filling up my itunes with music. I had been pleased with download speeds all day, ranging from 550 kb/s at the lowest and over 1.5 mb/s at highest. All is going good, I'm 70 % done with a download, aaand download speed instantly drops to under 2 kb/s, VERY slow. I try stopping that one and try torrenting some others, and none of them go above 2 kb/s, EVER. I tried deleting and retorrenting and that didnt help. It's been several hours since speed stopped and not a single torrent is able to get above 2 kb/s. It just cant get any higher than that, and it's been quite some time so what couldve made it happen so suddenly, and how can I get it back to normal?

Thank you so much for any answers, it means a lot.:)

That cant have anything to do with it, because it's with all torrents and it was fine before. It's the next day and speeds are better, but still disappointing. Now it seems to be stuck under 200 kb/s, regardless of how well it was doing before for ALL torrents. Remember, these were the same ones that were over 1.5 mb/s yesterday so there is a problem.

Archived