Changing ports

sirjokero

Hi ! I changed my internet for a better speed and i have this problem with ports ,that is driving me crazy....I have to change like 20 -30 ports till i find one that works and sometime after 1 2 hours i have to search again for ports because the old one doesn't work anymore . I made the forward port in my router and in my windows 7 and still doesn't work . Any help pls? i want a port that works every time if it's possible.

EVERYTHING you've tried so far: - i forwarded the port 57081 in router and in firewall

upgrading torrent to last version

made all the tests from utorrent (and all were good)

Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar: green

Operating system : windows 7 64 bit

Security software installed: no antivirus no firewall

Exact router model : tp-link wa830re

ISP - Linkem

Connection type cable

setup guide test : upload 1.5Mbit/s(128kB/s) download : 5.2 Mbit/s (630.4kB/s)

hmmmm .... i am posting here for some help...if u can't help me just say it and stop with this irony . Maybe you are tired of people like me and maybe i understand u .... but don't make fun of me . Have a nice day . bye

P.S. You are not smarter then boo-boo ...I should search for help at Yogi

Look! the ONLY thing you have changed apparently is YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION.

Therefore that IS the first thing you should suspect.

Also the fact that that a different port runs ok for a period then gets slow ALSO points to your ISP throtting that new port.

Now if you want to be an arse and NOT BE PREPARED TO TAKE NOTICE you can solve the problem yourself OR you can stop taking things as a personal insult and accept that you need to learn some problem solving techniques!!!

finally a good message ! tx ! well my isp works very good on other "things" all time same speed 850 kbit/s download ( from sites , in online games ) but let's say is like u say ...the isp is the problem. Can i do something other then call my isp provider ? because i did this and they said that from them is all ok .

waiting for your answer . with respect jokero

all time same speed 850 kbit/s download ( from sites , in online games ) but let's say is like u say ...the isp is the problem.

HTTP downloads and gaming are not the same protocol or ports as the Bitorrent protocol. Your ISPs systems could be blocking certain ports rather than blanket throttling.

In the pinned thread in this section there are links to the Glasnost tests to check for "traffic shaping" on specific ports.

OR

Set and forward the listen port to be a "well known" port number, these are the ports that have been assigned to be used for specific services or daemons, and as such are less like to be blocked. Provided nothing on your local network is running any of these services you can use them, though be aware that your router possibly has a management interface running on port 80 (HTTP), also avoid using ports that are designated for SQL servers (1433 - 1434) and 3306 as these ports are under constant attack and you may find a DoS (Denial of Service) attack hitting your IP while the 'crackers' try to "break" the SA account password.

Glasnost: Test if your ISP is shaping your traffic

Results for your host (46.227.4.15 - 46.227.4.15):

Are certain ports blocked for all traffic?

1 out of 3 control flow transfers on port 6881 failed to download any data. It seems like your ISP hinders you from downloading control flow traffic on port 6881 to our test server.

Is your upload traffic rate limited?

The measurement data is too noisy to detect whether your ISP rate limits your upload traffic. Re-running the test while ensuring that no other downloads or uploads are running in the background might fix this problem.

Is your download traffic rate limited?

Your ISP appears to rate limit your downloads.

However, some of the measurements were affected by noise, which limits Glasnost ability to detect rate limiting.

Details:

* Your ISP appears to rate limit your BitTorrent downloads. In our tests, downloads using control flows achieved up to 1293 Kbps while downloads using BitTorrent achieved up to 25 Kbps.

* Your ISP appears to rate limit downloads on port 6881. In our tests, downloads on port 6881 achieved up to 4568 Kbps while downloads on port 38760 achieved up to 1293 Kbps.

If you want to avoid most of the variables, you should connect if you can, the modem directly to your pc with nothing in between... Disable windows firewall for your testing, and try download a good seeded torrent...

But if you ask me, taking into account the information you gave before, i think your ISP is limiting the bandwidth you can use for p2p... (QoS)

This is a very common practice among ISPs that can't support their infrastructure, p2p traffic is quite heavy... So for them to have a decent service, they need to cut down the traffic...

Another thing you can try, is to do a test at early hours, let's say 3-4 AM...

When my ISP capped my connection a while ago, it was during day hours... But since the network activity decreases as people go to sleep, I had full speed during the early hours of a day...

If you want to avoid most of the variables, you should connect if you can, the modem directly to your pc with nothing in between... Disable windows firewall for your testing, and try download a good seeded torrent...

tried this and the same thing happened . tx for your reply

ISP then ;)

Try at 3-4AM to see if you have higher speeds...

But, yeah, ISP

I trust u but i don't understand why on a random port works fine (on any hour of the day) and the next day on the same port doesn't work . It's strange .....u think my isp is blocking random ports ? and this random block is on timer? why can't i find a port that works every time :D ?

They don't need to...

QoS has came a long road since the early days...

They monitor traffic at a package level... when they detect a p2p package, they take action...

It does not matter the port you are using...

UT supports encryption, to avoid exactly that... But QoS technology evolved and that's useless as well...

So, if your ISP is actually capping p2p traffic, there's not much you can do, since everything is happening at a higher level than your pc...

I trust u but i don't understand why on a random port works fine (on any hour of the day) and the next day on the same port doesn't work .

ISPs use autonomous systems that do stateful packet inspection then record the destination port and the volume of data travelling to it, then if and when it reaches a trigger point throttling or blocking will be applied to that port.

hmmmm .... i am posting here for some help...if u can't help me just say it and stop with this irony . Maybe you are tired of people like me and maybe i understand u .... but don't make fun of me . Have a nice day . bye

P.S. You are not smarter then boo-boo ...I should search for help at Yogi

I totally agree. That is what these forums are suppose to be for, HELP!

I have been trying to find help for the same problem and I've been reading and reading and READING, but NOTHING!

Look! the ONLY thing you have changed apparently is YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION.

Therefore that IS the first thing you should suspect.

Also the fact that that a different port runs ok for a period then gets slow ALSO points to your ISP throtting that new port.

Now if you want to be an arse and NOT BE PREPARED TO TAKE NOTICE you can solve the problem yourself OR you can stop taking things as a personal insult and accept that you need to learn some problem solving techniques!!!

I don't think he was being an arse I think u r being the arse. He is obviously prepared to learn or he wouldn't have asked the question. It's people like you who make people like us who have an outside life more than just computers leary of asking for help.

I am trying to become more computer savvy and I'll continue to ask so whenever u see a post from BabyChantally just ignore it.:rolleyes:

I don't think he was being an arse I think u r being the arse. He is obviously prepared to learn or he wouldn't have asked the question.

So what is the point of asking the questions if you are not prepared to at least try the offered solutions but decide that it must be wrong?

A mind is like a door, it will only function if it can be opened.

Archived