Upload cap does not work

SaNdMaN82

Hello...

My upload cap does not work, it does not limit the upload speed of the torrents...

I limited the upload to 10 k for testing purposes, and this is what's going on:

D476%20k%20U84.7%20k%20-%20%C2%B5Torrent%203.2.2_2013-05-25_11-49-56.png

Before registering to this forum, I've researched this issue... and found some things to check...

This are the settings I've played with, and how they are now:

D484%20k%20U63.6%20k%20-%20%C2%B5Torrent%203.2.2_2013-05-25_11-52-27.png

Also, I've checked the overhead traffic setting:

Preferences_2013-05-25_11-54-37.png

The version I'm using:

D480%20k%20U91.4%20k%20-%20%C2%B5Torrent%203.2.2_2013-05-25_11-50-05.png

I'm using W7 64-bits

Other than that, UT works great.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

You're not running a supported version of uTorrent.

Well, that's strange...

I've the auto update check enabled on utorrent, and it didn't notify me there was a newer version...

I manually downloaded version 3.3 build 29677, will give it a go and update the thread if needed.

Thanks.

I've the auto update check enabled on utorrent, and it didn't notify me there was a newer version...

This is by itself a serious issue if BitTorrent wants people to upgrade. Maybe some Firewall blocks you?

I hope updates to betas are not staggered IMHO, so I suggest to update to 3.3.1, some limiter issues were fixed there.

> I've the auto update check enabled on utorrent, and it didn't notify me there was a newer version.

What do you get when you manually do help->update ?

For now, it's working ok.

I made a few tests yesterday, and UT didn't go over the 10kb/s upload cap....

Nevertheless, it's soon to tell if this is really solved, because the issue was not always present at all times... Will keep you posted

I hope updates to betas are not staggered IMHO, so I suggest to update to 3.3.1, some limiter issues were fixed there.

> I've the auto update check enabled on utorrent, and it didn't notify me there was a newer version.

What do you get when you manually do help->update ?

Well, I'm currently using the stable version that was available yesterday from the website, so it says there's no new version (i do not have the upgrade to beta option enabled).

Thank!

Under queuing, there is a new option... "Seeding Goal" Minimum ratio... if you have it at 0% it will not dictate how much you should upload based on your download. I just found this option 5 minutes ago while searching for why my upload cap wasnt working.

If you have it set at 100% it is automatically going to make whatever your download cap is... your upload cap.

Under queuing, there is a new option... "Seeding Goal" Minimum ratio... if you have it at 0% it will not dictate how much you should upload based on your download. I just found this option 5 minutes ago while searching for why my upload cap wasnt working.

If you have it set at 100% it is automatically going to make whatever your download cap is... your upload cap.

I always left that as default, 150%...

I'll keep an eye on it, if it starts misbehaving again, i'll give it a try.

But I didn't think this is related to transfer rates...

Thanks.

Archived