Download Speed really slow but windows 7 (bootcamp) speeds are fast

davido-232

Hi, i've just got a macbookpro 13" pro retina and have installed windows 7 on a seperate partition under boot camp. When downloading the same torrent in windowsI get fast download speeds but when using utorrent on mac os I dont get speeds above 40 kbs, why is this... can someone help? thank you

There must be a fix for this somewhere! My windows 7 is getting 1.5mb per second download speed but my mac is only getting 50 kb per second if I'm lucky) and its the same torrent and i'm not seeding anything, anyone with any ideas, thank you. Has the mac version of utorrent got some kind of bug or d I need to change some settings on mac? please help!

• 2 months later...

hello my mac friend,

the google has convinced me that this problem is not one that is unique to just us two. indeed, many users of the macs worldwide are feeling the very same pain, which is one that strikes deep to my heart. hopefully a prayer to the deity (notice I haven't said which one, I lol) will produce some compassion in the souls of the developers of the utorrent of the macs.

so, I didn't come here to spout non-specific deity prayer commands to you, oh no, let's get down to business.

no, the parallels on the macs, it makes a kind of auto-assessment (auto = automatic, not auto = car) on the state of your windows connection. and it adjusts itself. how clever is that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

so I did the same thing as you, being dissatisfied with my macs utorrent download speeds (who wants to be waiting 5 days and 4 hours for a relatively small torrent of Fe Man 3?), and I launched the rocket in parallels, and I copied the connections datas from the horrid parallel windows version to the beautiful macs version, and holy krishna, was I receiving suddenly the blessings of the torrent world or was I not receiving suddenly the blessings of the torrent world? I tell you true, brother, I was.

so now I am waiting a much shorter time. indeed, it is only 4 hours and 24 minutes to take off time, and let's be honest, with a pretty wife, one can pass 4 hours in no times.

of course, maybe you are already of the brains to try this, and are sitting dejected and alone, but you did not say this, so maybe I have a little gift for you? please do let me know, it will warm my heart.

good lucks, and may your deity smile on you!

Archived