Seeking referreal for older versions of µTorrent

jimmo

Taking the advice that this forum is for chat about issues that will not detract from more important issues of the other µTorrent forums, I would like to know where one may obtain clean/virus-free, older versions of µTorrent? I realize the µTorrent website is devoted to support of only the latest versions of its programs. I am not seeking actual support of these older versions, merely a recommendation of which website(s) would have trustworthy installment links of the older µTorrent programs.

My reason for this, if it matters, is one of my trackers disallows all but approved versions of bit torrents clients. And this tracker strongly recommends several older versions of µTorrent. I mistakenly uninstalled my older version of µTorrent while trying to purge my hard drive of several programs due to system instability, after a System Restoral was unsuccessful. And now even the download link of that older version of µTorrent is not installing the program, for whatever reason(s).

I thought, perhaps, I may have obtained that older version of µTorrent from some referral link in one of these forums. But even if was the case, I may not locate it now. And I am also unable to locate the older version on cnet.com, all older µTorrent download links there pointing back to the current version on the µTorrent website.

There are some sites with names such as "old apps," etc. But I am uncertain of their legitimacy.

Thank you.

My reason for this, if it matters, is one of my trackers disallows all but approved versions of bit torrents clients. And this tracker strongly recommends several older versions of µTorrent.

What we have is an example of a 'moron in authority'.

There's nothing wrong with the new ones, or the old ones... assuming their tracker is set up right.

If there's a problem, it's with their stuff, not the client, but they want to make it your problem, because that's easier (and it gives them a chance to throw their weight around)

The other option, which is altogether more common, is that the people running that tracker haven't got a clue what they're doing. So, they listen to a bunch of rumours, and make policy based on that. It happens a lot. I even started one once (Bitlord 0.x should be banned because it leaks to DHT - the funny thing is, those versions of bitlord didn't have DHT) they don't check (they wouldn't know how to) they just listen and read forum posts by other morons talking about stuff they don't know.

It's my standard advice that if there's a site with a client 'blacklist' that has more than half a dozen entries, it's got no clue what it's doing and should be avoided at all costs.

Archived