'Checking' torrents

WimIndonesia

Hello,

Since a few weeks (version 3.3.1 build 29.710) I have trouble with uTorrent.

Many torrents that earlier were already downloading normally, cannot continue.

If I try to force a recheck nothing happens: no activity at all.

Except for 1 url that checks itself till 99.0% and then stops. After some time it shows the ridiculous result that 12841.5% has been checked!

What is the cause, what can I do?

I use 32 bit version, but I have Windows 7 OS 64 bit. Is there a 64 bit version for uTorrent that could solve the trouble?

Thanks for helping!

Wim/Indonesia

s there a 64 bit version for uTorrent that could solve the trouble?
No.
If I try to force a recheck nothing happens: no activity at all.
Are you stopping the jobs before trying a recheck?
Many torrents that earlier were already downloading normally, cannot continue.

Are there any connected peers?

Any tracker errors?

Have you been through this thread and run the Glasnost tests?

Yes, I stopped the jobs before rechecking.

All jobs mention 0(0) peers in the respective column. But I don't exactly know what consequence this should have: earlier the same was the case (with most urls) and rechecking was normally possible and showed as a result the percentage already downloaded. Now nothing happens.

And the very strange recheck result of 99,9% with one torrent, later replaced by 12381,6% or so.... Seems ridiculous.

I followed all procedures in the guidelines as far as I could understand them: many procedures are complete abracadabra for me.

Most worrying: I have made NO changes in my system, it worked well before. Now no more.

How come?

@Blackcomet: I think so, see below

@Rafi: i did the contrary to what you advised: I went back to the latest stable (non-beta) version. Had to restart/recheck all my 100+ running torrents, which is a bit of work, but...

So far every seems to be back to normal. The (re)check of every old but newly added torrent is still ongoing, but works normally so far. Have good hopes this solves the issue!

So going back to latest stable version might be the best solution in cases with 'mysterious' issues.

Indeed, as expected: problem solved when I went back to latest non-beta version and rechecked all torrents

I didn't choose to update to a beta version. Can you tell me how to go back and install the older version? Sorry for the trouble, but I never had to do this before.

Shutdown uTorrent then download the stable version and run the installer.

READ the installation dialogues properly before clicking [Next]!!

Make sure "[ ] Update to beta versions" is unchecked on Preferences -> General once installed.

I downloaded the version on the Utorrent homepage, and it didn't help. When do I find a stable version?

i just began having the "checking" problem 2 days ago... using stable version, not a beta version.

I click on the torrent file (or magnet) at pirate bay and then file immediately appears in utorrent listing and it just says checking... i can stop it, pause it, and force recheck it and still stuck at "checking" and 0%... never goes anywhere. I delete it and go back to the page and reload torrent and get same result... only have like a dozen torrents going so no doing any wacky stuff...

what's going on...????

I downloaded the version on the Utorrent homepage, and it didn't help. When do I find a stable version?

No idea! what version and build did you download and install?

I click on the torrent file (or magnet) at pirate bay and then file immediately appears in utorrent listing and it just says checking... i can stop it, pause it, and force recheck it and still stuck at "checking" and 0%... never goes anywhere
Just LEAVE IT ALONE to finish whatever it is trying to do.
delete it and go back to the page and reload torrent and get same result.
One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting something different to happen!

Has it not quite clicked yet that the problem could be WITH THE TORRENT ITSELF or the peers for the job not uTorrent???

Have you looked if there are any trackers active or ones showing an error status?

Archived