HELP needed about best ratio of Size & Seeds

kyana

<3 dearest UTORRENT users <3

<3 im as appreciative & as loyal a utorrent user as all of you. For many years, i have been using utorrent, without knowing one basic rule! Please help me to understand this. I really appreciate this, as im in a very restricted internet usage that i cannot change atm, so i really need to ration out my dl uses <3 please do help me <3 i would like to know,

If for example, there is a file(File XYZ) i need to download,

File XYZ - 500mb Size - 20 Seeders - 4 Leechers - VIP uploader

OR

File XYZ - 2mb Size - 100+ Seeders - 100+ Leechers - VIP uploader

Which is better?

I have to mention, i have restricted internet package of only 5gb data to download at 2-3mbps speed, renewing every month. It has no time restrictions, only data usage restriction as 5gb @ 2-3mbps . So i prefer to download small size files, so for 5gb, i can download 10-15files. But small size files seem to have very less seeders & takes time. But large size files have 100+ seeders. but with large files, i can download 2-3files. I dont mind the quality of the videos. i just wish to download as many files as i can, in the 5gb i have.

<3 So everybody out there, please advice me, when i see the file i want, with 2 torrent options,

one - small size, but very few seeders,

or - big size, but many seeders,

taking into account that i have only 5gb to download,

which is the best option to dl???? <3

<3 please advice & help <3

<3 thank you <3

It sounds to me like you know the answer to your question. If your priority is getting as many files as you can within your 5GB limit, then your best option is the smaller files, even if they have fewer seeders. The lower number of seeders just means it will (probably) take a little longer to download, but in the end, you'll end up with more files. The number of seeders isn't relevant to your download cap; if the file you're downloading is only 500MB, you're only going to download 500MB, whether that file has 2 seeders or 200. The only difference is the (potential) speed.

• 2 weeks later...

<3 thank you JUSTMATT <3

<3 you are right & thats what im doing.... just that i really feel strange when i see the file i want,

and when it is 2gb with 8000seeders.... 8000, thats alot & i want to choose it,

but im forced to choose 500gb version which has like 11seeders :(

:( too drastic a difference, but i have such a small internet package :/

:) well it is what it is :)

:) thank you so much for the reply :)

:) im very grateful :)

:) love & light :)

You probably need to increase your package, it must be fairly easy 'cause I get lots of emails suggesting several ways that are GUARANTEED to work and how that you will be delighted with the results.

You, on the other hand, should switch email providers, to one that has a better filter.

I mean, unless you were actually shopping for those offers. :/

You, on the other hand, should switch email providers, to one that has a better filter.

Unfortunately I AM the 'email provider'. So sadly, I have to collect and 'wade through' lots of junk every month or so to keep 'training' the filters on our servers so the hosted clients get less! :)

NOT A REPLY

Just a quetion alluded to here. Does the number of leechers affect the download speed? Also what consitutes a leecher? How long is an acceptable time to keep seeding after the dowload finishes? I have read the "help" suggested by ciaobaby and it didn't help a whole lot. The writers took too much for granted on what the reader knew.

A 'leecher' is a peer that only downloads and the removes the torrent from their client.

How long is an acceptable time to keep seeding after the dowload finishes?
There isn't one.

Private trackers insist you meet a ratio that you are never likely to maintain. Other than that it is up to you to decide.

Does the number of leechers affect the download speed?
No because 'leechers' are not usually part of the swarm for long enough.
The writers took too much for granted on what the reader knew
That's because as I said it doesn't exist to teach anyone all about Peer to Peer downloading.

Go read at TorrentFreak, LifeHacker or How-toGeek or maybe use a search engine

Archived