uTorrent needs some shut off when a VPN fails.

starwhite

I use a VPN to download. I have had my VPN fail a few times exposing my real IP. As a result to date I have received 2 warnings threatening me and my family for downloading copyrighted material. utorrent badly needs a feature to tell it to shut down if a VPN fails. For whatever reason people have submitted this request in the idea box here, numerous times, and the idea is always rejected. In the REAL world people are having their Internet shut off because of this and making court appearances and paying huge fines, or worse. Please address this very real issue. I assure you ANYONE who downloads seriously uses a VPN these days. Please update uTorrent. I'm astonished that this issue has not been addressed with the explosion of VPN users. I look forward to seeing a new version of uTorrent that can give its users 'peace of mind'.

I use a VPN to download. I have had my VPN fail a few times exposing my real IP. As a result to date I have received 2 warnings threatening me and my family for downloading copyrighted material. utorrent badly needs a feature to tell it to shut down if a VPN fails. For whatever reason people have submitted this request in the idea box here, numerous times, and the idea is always rejected. In the REAL world people are having their Internet shut off because of this and making court appearances and paying huge fines, or worse. Please address this very real issue. I assure you ANYONE who downloads seriously uses a VPN these days. Please update uTorrent. I'm astonished that this issue has not been addressed with the explosion of VPN users. I look forward to seeing a new version of uTorrent that can give its users 'peace of mind'.

Switch to PIA VPN. They have a kill switch option that shuts down your internet.

Archived