Only uploading to 1 peer when seeding.

Saarducci

Ok first I apologize if this is a repeat but I didn't see anything that matched my particular situation.

I use private trackers almost exclusively for downloading .

My understanding is the function of the tracker is to provide peers available to connect to.

My problem is that once I go into seeding mode I only seed to 1 peer at a time and the rest are choked.

I have checked my settings and believe they should allow more peers to download from me.

My question is: Can the private tracker somehow limit the number of peers I upload to?

A. Most private trackers got ratio limits, seeding is good.

B. You can get a public torrent for the same content and seed that instead.

C. I am reply? ;) I don't remove the private flag, I know they can limit you on upload slots, but not on a single torrent.

If there are a lot of seeders and less peers they might not connect to you that often.

I have the same question framed differently.

The advice from Ciao baby was "Start logging "Unchoke errors" to see what is happening (or not as the case maybe)".

I did that but did not understand the results in the logger window. Utorrent doesn't allow me to copy text from the logger window, so I can't proceed with the conversation.I suppose I could retype the messages though.

Can the private tracker somehow limit the number of peers I upload to?

Now had you mentioned "private tracker" in your original thread there would not have been any time wasted on logging errors etc.

Private tracker == overseeded jobs === very low upload rate.

And! No! There's nothing you can do about it.

Ok first I apologize if this is a repeat but I didn't see anything that matched my particular situation.

I use private trackers almost exclusively for downloading .

My understanding is the function of the tracker is to provide peers available to connect to.

My problem is that once I go into seeding mode I only seed to 1 peer at a time and the rest are choked.

I have checked my settings and believe they should allow more peers to download from me.

My question is: Can the private tracker somehow limit the number of peers I upload to?

And as a side note, do NOT call them a 'private tracker', the torrents are 'private flagged', but in comparison to an open or public tracker, a 'private' tracker needs you to register an account, and then sign in to use it, while it then logs your activity. Does that sound very 'private' to you?

Archived