My memory keep growing..

xkernell

Hi, guys. So, I have a big problem... I'm currently using µTorrent 3.2.3 (28705) and everything's fine, but I wanna upgrade to a newer version and when I did that the RAM usage started growing... it's growing in rate of 1-2mb/s ... I've tried every version after 28705 and all of them have that bug. If I don't kill the process it eventually keep growing until the RAM is full and the whole system is going down. Actually the µTorrent process ain't using more than 40-50 mb, at least not in direct way, but it causes the problem. I didn't realise at first but it maybe environmental problem (Windows), but now it's µTorren's problem too. The 3.3 versions have that beautiful feature that enables you to search among your torrents and I really need it.

So, can someone help me out? If someone come up with a fix I would be very greatful!

I'm sorry for my english, it isn't my first language. ))

P.S. I'm with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with latest updates.

I didn't realise at first but it maybe environmental problem (Windows)
It is.
but now it's µTorren's problem too.
It isn't
Actually the µTorrent process ain't using more than 40-50 mb,
So NOT uTorrent then using the memory.

If uTorrent start to run away with memory it WILL CRASH, not keep on using more memory

I think it is, when you develop something it's your job to make your code compatible with your target platform. Many other people have the same problem with the same version and the community does nothing about it. The only answer you get is "It's not our problem, we don't care..."

I think it is, when you develop something it's your job to make your code compatible with your target platform

There are MANY applications that can/will act as a catalyst to trigger Windows caching problems, and ones that perform a lot of data I/O are more likely to trigger it.

What kind of applications? I have installed Skype, Google Chrome, Google Drive, two instances of µTorrent (yes I've tried to run only one, it doesn't make a difference) all the latest versions. This are the app's that use internet. I don't have any applications that intensively read or write from the hard drive other than the two µTorrents.

• 2 weeks later...

exactly the same problem 3.3b29462, so I will go back to 3.1.2 version...and...one more thing occured; all files get read-only attribute set!!!...and...don't say that's Windows problem...

Specs: RAM 4GB, W7 Ultimate SP1 x64, NO anti-virus progs, NO other progs running (except Task Manager), PC is uTorrent "machine" only - power cable, UTP cabel...

Memory state after a while 3.24GB / 4.00GB, CPU 14%, 22 Seeding / 4 Downloading...

FYI I used 3.1.2 uTorrent on XP PRO SP3, XP PRO x64 SP2, W7 x86.x64 no problem.

Regards :D

uTorrent proccess, one instance running, 23.056K

Advanced -> bt.read_only_on_complete -> true (Default Value - New), set to false, O.K.

Advanced -> Disk Cache -> Enable caching of disk writes -> checked all (still checked)

Advanced -> Disk Cache -> Enable caching of disk reads -> checked all (now un-checked)

* I don't know why I checked read cache

RAM state 1.86GB / 4.00GB, on observation...(slowly rising 1.49->1.86 in 50min.)

I am an old school programmer, I thing that uTorrent uses memory for Disk Cache, so that's o.k. but why doesn't stop rising? So enlighten Me if I am wrong...

Thanks & regards, PeskarMG

Archived