Peers show twice in the list

321lambo

The small problem that i'm having is when Seeding a torrent (latest stable version), the upload speed isn't always stable.

This seems to be caused by peers that connect twice to me => start downloading for a minute=>disconnect (mostly 1 of the connections stays, but inactive) => and then reconnects and download for a minute again. => back to start.

So i was wondering, is this something on their client side our mine?

I added a screenshot to show u what i mean with "double" connected

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11910671/rest/Double%20connections.png

the upload speed isn't always stable.
BitTorrent is NOT a constant rate protocol.

And your screenshot shows peers twice in the list ... How exactly???

Because a IPv6 and IPv4 peer with the same percentage doesn't necessarily mean it is a single peer connected twice.

This seems to be caused by peers that connect twice to me => start downloading for a minute=>disconnect (mostly 1 of the connections stays, but inactive) => and then reconnects and download for a minute again. => back to start.

Sounds like a fairly normal state of play to me.

If it IS only one client, then only ONE of the connections needs to get the requested piece, for them both to send a "have piece" message and therefore one (or both) connection(s) can be closed.

Read up on Optimistic Unchoking.

Ok, thank you for your answer!

Because a IPv6 and IPv4 peer with the same percentage doesn't necessarily mean it is a single peer connected twice.

That was mine assumption because during all the time they were connected, their percentage was exaclty the same always, which is imo too much coïncidence

So basicly, this part

Finally, it should try out unused connections once in a while to find out if they might be better than the currently used ones, known as optimistic unchoking
is what i see happening in mine client? It switches between IPv6 and IPv4 from the same 'peer/client' to get a higher possible speed, which is ironically causing them to have a lower speed :|

Edit: btw, when i click (left and right) on the one with [uTP] in mine list, it automaticly jumps to his twin ^^

is what i see happening in mine client? It switches between IPv6 and IPv4 from the same 'peer/client' to get a higher possible speed,

Quite possibly. However it is up to the other peers to request pieces at a rate that suits their setup, your client cannot make it go quicker.

Archived