Somewhere to moan and complain

tyberius7

Others have said it, it's nothing new. But without a constant reminder from loyal users God only knows how this will end. It just seems that with every new update of uTorrent the amount of crapware bundled with it is increasing as well as the way in which they try to get you to install them.

I pity the fool who, whilst half asleep, tries to install the latest version and misses a tick! :(

• 1 month later...

I'm tired of it too. The program has become a bloated mess full of shitty excess code and IMO, designed to make it hard for anyone to remove advertisements and create a "lite" version. I don't really mind the ads personally but what I do mind is how the program takes 10x longer to start up than it used to, takes up more resources and seems to release a new bug every other update. I have used utorrent since around 2005 and haven't had reason to think about changing but recently I have been thinking about it strongly.

As I said, don't mind the ads.. but if it destroys the program in the process then its a waste of time using it.

That said, anyone recommend a good alternative to utorrent? Used to use bitcomet but that took a dump all over itself too in the end.

Others have said it, it's nothing new. But without a constant reminder from loyal users God only knows how this will end. It just seems that with every new update of uTorrent the amount of crapware bundled with it is increasing as well as the way in which they try to get you to install them.

I pity the fool who, whilst half asleep, tries to install the latest version and misses a tick! :(

Nice one thanks mate. Will try that today. As a Linux user, I am used to not having shiny GUI's. As long as it works reliably and has the key features I'll be happy!!

Probably too much to ask but does it have RSS Downloader? Cheers

That said' date=' anyone recommend a good alternative to utorrent?[/quote']

If you want a client that just works read this but if you want something that looks pretty, and has nice shiny buttons and icons .... DON'T.

Archived