µTorrent 3.3.2 Stable

DaveUT

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If utorrent went open source all of its problems would be solved in a month.

Well that's for hoping.

Why can't uTorrent go open source? It's freeware anyway.

its depend on company whether they want to show the source code or not.Tixati is a freeware.It is also not an open source.

Well that's for hoping.

Some people still plan to make money out of it. Cannot do that with open source... :P

Well that's for hoping.

Some people still plan to make money out of it. Cannot do that with open source... :P

Money out of FREEware? Sounds like an oxymoron to me. Besides, there's open source SW out there that is paid for.

TBH, I'd rather pay €10 to get rid of the ad-jazz, get a Lite version instead and a guarantee that bugs I report actually will be fixed... rather then this freeware nonsense that forces me to use a 3-year-old version. </rant>

TBH, I'd rather pay €10 to get rid of the ad-jazz, get a Lite version instead and a guarantee that bugs I report actually will be fixed... rather then this freeware nonsense that forces me to use a 3-year-old version. </rant>

Yup, they're working on it, give them a few years.. I think evolution works at a faster pace of development than the sole single dev working on uTorrent.

Money out of FREEware? Sounds like an oxymoron to me.

No it isn’t. The money is generated out of the "Offers"

TBH, I'd rather pay €10 to get rid of the ad-jazz

Well, I rather read here how to configure/disable the 'ad-jazz', and not pay... (hint: use my settings bellow...)

But I'm sure that BT inc will appreciate your 15$, so just buy the uTorrent+ version.

Well that's for hoping.

Sure you can. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commercial_open-source_applications#List_of_commercial_open_source_applications_and_services

Archived