µTorrent 3.3.2 Stable

DaveUT

build 30131 "Set Destination Name" failing.

logged errors:

[2013-09-19 18:01:23] IO Error:1168 line:68 align:-99 pos:-99 count:259388 actual:0

[2013-09-19 18:20:01] IO Error:1168 line:68 align:-99 pos:-99 count:45376 actual:0

[2013-09-19 18:43:44] *** Torrent original name: PIECE 1515 FAILED HASH CHECK

[2013-09-19 18:43:57] *** Torrent original name: PIECE 1515 FAILED HASH CHECK

[2013-09-19 18:44:01] *** Torrent original name: PIECE 69 FAILED HASH CHECK

[2013-09-19 18:44:15] *** Torrent original name: PIECE 2329 FAILED HASH CHECK

[2013-09-19 18:44:23] *** Torrent original name: PIECE 2038 FAILED HASH CHECK

[2013-09-19 18:47:33] *** Torrent original name: PIECE 2427 FAILED HASH CHECK

[2013-09-19 19:30:12] IO Error:1168 line:68 align:-99 pos:-99 count:44804 actual:0

[2013-09-19 19:32:07] IO Error:1168 line:68 align:-99 pos:-99 count:45376 actual:0

[2013-09-19 19:32:07] IO Error:13 line:211 align:-99 pos:743413794 count:895 actual:-99

[2013-09-19 19:32:07] Error: Torrent original name - The data is invalid. (WriteToDisk)

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uTorrent GUI texts

I noticed in uTS small bug in two same strings:

uTorrentFailed to update. Please try again. -> µTorrent Failed to update. Please try again.

uTorrentFailed to update. Please try again. -> µTorrent Failed to update. Please try again.

Change "u" to "µ" and add a space between words µTorrent and Failed.

Correction proposed by another string...

µTorrent Failed to save the update. Please try again

And maybe "Failed" can be with small "f". :P

Ya know, this comes as absolutely no surprise to me personally having frequented these forums over the years but really? Release candidate builds with crashes on install/shutdown/auto updating/loading settings? Those are alpha stage coding issues..

The fix list in 3.3.x truly is amazing to behold, congrats on setting the standard.

Ya know, It's almost like the code is fighting back :D

Win 7 64 Bit: uTorrent 3.3.2 Build 30180

a) Global Preferences Upload Rate does not work

B) Torrent Upload Rate does not work

c) Global Preferenes Upload Rate flashes in and out on each 1 sec update (most of the time)

d) Up Speed does not seem to filter any more. Can show up to 265kB/sec where as my Max has always been. 210kB. My ADSL2+ Annex M Upstream is 2,124,200 b/Sec.

This is very frustrating as it is overloading my Internet for other computers and applications and there is nothing I can do about it. I have changed no settings except the Rate limiting for this version.

Has anyone else seen this problem

Regards

a) Global Preferences Upload Rate does not work

a-c - It will not work if Pref.->Bandwidth->Apply rate limit to uTP is not enabled... Better use my settings below ...

Thank u, It fixed the problem. not sure how it became unchecked? and stupid of me not to notice.

I use your settings , but a few builds ago

c) Global Preferences Upload Rate flashes in and out on each 1 sec update (most of the time)

As a matter of interest I discovered why this happens on the Status BAR

uTorrent is switching between the Max & Alternate upload rates set in Pref>Bandwidth

c) Global Preferences Upload Rate flashes in and out on each 1 sec update (most of the time)

uTorrent is switching between the Max & Alternate upload rates set in Pref>Bandwidth

Actually not quite true

It is switching the Alternate upload rate in and out

Actually not quite true

It is switching the Alternate upload rate in and out

Don't you ever read other people's guides?... nor use there setups.... :P

#P in the below...

Don't you ever read other people's guides?... nor use there setups.... tongue

#P in the below...

Yes I already read it and searched many other threads as well

but it doesn't mention the effect I saw (I don't think) and "ul_rate_download_thre" does not exist in Prefs>Advanced

Anyway it doesn't bother me. I only noted it for general information

P. Make pref->bandwidth->Alternate upload rate when not downloading - work "better"

The "Alternate upload rate when not downloading" seems to be sensitive to very small on-going download rates.

The reason is this special setting called ul_rate_download_thres that is set to 0 by default. You need to increase it a bit:

- set ul_rate_download_thre to 5K or more

*cough* 8 months ago *cough*

Just try it yourself by opening utorrent and stopping all your torrents' date=' you will notice that the upload speed limit will stay the same.[/quote']
Yep...I"ve been having this problem with the most recents versions.

Alternate upload unchecked works fine.

I usually set a higher upload rate after download completes and begins seeding but with alternate upload checked it never accepts the higher upload rate.

I might have found the reason/bug and the way to bypass the issue till they'll fix it. Try this:

- Use shift-F2->Advanced

- locate ul_rate_download_thres

- change he default 0 to something like 5+ (KB/s)

And you are done... :) Let me know if it helped.

There seems to be some residual download rate of 2-3K going on for some reason, that prohibits this alternate limit to take effect.

The thing is - they should have just used the seeding/active numbers in the categories ... much simpler...

So yeah, I think he knows.. It would seem the dev doesn't though.

I suspect I'll be running 3.2.3 for awhile yet, looking forward to 3.3.3 next year.

Archived