µTorrent 3.3.2 Stable

DaveUT

An update system that hasn't delivered an update that was released almost a month ago?

That is the content delivery system NOT the automatic update system built in to the uTorrent client, do not confuse the patently obvious problems with the CVS and CDN feeding out apparently random builds with the working automatic client update system. The automatic update system will ONLY deliver a build that IS later than the client that is already running so is NOT an issue for users.

The CDN for manual updates of Alpha/Beta builds is however an entirely different story, but I have yet to encounter an 'automatic' update that provided an 'older' version for installation even on 3.4 builds.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revolution not rhetoric.

You know as well as Bittorrent.inc that they have users by the balls! Most people are going to choose a popular piece of software.

A revolution will most likely not happen because of the fact of the ratio of users that truely know what goes on in the belly of the beast and the ones that don't.

Most are regular users that either do not care or are not informed enough of what goes on here on the forums...ex: The majority of them have no clue that most ads/featured crap can be disabled on installation and in client. How about a big old fashioned Sticky with the appropriate title for disabling or is it because every click brings in $$$.

Muse-Uprising=

Total number of registered users on the this forum is 255,367 compared to the millions of utorrent users.

I hear you bro! Most people don't understand themselves, let a lone uTorrent! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's *previous* stable (not a new one), it's an installer fix, it's not in any need for staggering for fear of broken fixes, it should be on auto-update server ASAP and not "waiting for downloads/connections..." (and I did try 10 times... ) . You are welcome to go try 100 times, see if it is set to 1% staggering.... :P

Firon is just forgetful...

• 2 weeks later...

I am using 3.3.2 version as a seedbox, to which I add torrents automatically via webGUI PHP class. I already have 1100+ torrents in it and I need to add at least another thousand. I've been noticing, that the more torrents I get the more frequently I am getting crashes. And event without actual seeding yet: no traffic going through this instance of utorrent. Here are the dumps so far: https://www.mediafire.com/?gadwxw027zade65

I am checking the same on 3.4 build, but though to post about crashes here just in case. From what I could understand from windbg there is some kind of access violation exception.

Returned recently to v3. Always used it in the past in a portable folder (the official way - not downloaded from another site) and never had this problem with the automatic update: with today's 30488 update, the application reinstalls itself to the Appdata folder, completely ignoring my previous installation. Of course, all my settings and downloads are gone.

Is there a way to get the old behaviour back (it updated itself correctly to the original, portable folder)? Also, which files should I copy over from the Roaming/utorrent folder to my folder to properly update? Just utorrent.exe? Thanks.

update: maybe this will work.

I received the update message today and I've updated my uTorrent from version 3.3 (or was it 3.2??) to 3.3.2.

I noticed that it didn't keep the existing preferences as it did with previous updates, but it added some "Speed up your computer" bar right under the toolbar, and it also turned on the "Start uTorrent when Windows start" option by itself (I turned it off).

How do I get rid of "Speed up your computer" bar, please?

Thanks in advance!

I received the update message today and I've updated my uTorrent from version 3.3 (or was it 3.2??) to 3.3.2.

I noticed that it didn't keep the existing preferences as it did with previous updates, but it added some "Speed up your computer" bar right under the toolbar, and it also turned on the "Start uTorrent when Windows start" option by itself (I turned it off).

How do I get rid of "Speed up your computer" bar, please?

Thanks in advance!

go to Preferences> Advanced > type in the box "offers" and put all 3 on false. Restart utorrent.

Problem solved.

Archived