µTorrent 3.3.2 Stable

DaveUT

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Auto-update honoured previous installation directory too (C:/Program Files/uTorrent).

Are you sure? from what version? Was it "Standalone" (with the settings)?

For me it notified of 30100 but tried to update to 3.4 first... :P The second time - it worked OK (almost) ... Just renamed my exe file utorrent_332.exe to utorrent.exe, and broke my shortcut... Also it installed in appdata as expected... :P

Are you sure? from what version? Was it "Standalone" (with the settings)?

Yes, I'm sure. I updated from 3.3.2.30092,

I just let uTorrent update after seeing notification balloon pop up informing of new version.

I was surprised it honoured Program Files/uTorrent as when I last tried (ages ago) it went to Application Data folder.

The new exe (link in first post) install nothing' date=' only it start uT in current location[/quote']

The new exe *is* the latest beta. With the settings you have already, it should just run.

All the previous version copied the exe in AppData\Roaming\uTorrent (the oldest in Program\uTorrent), not start uTorrent from the download folder.

Edit:

PS: Disk overload still present!

Pay attention during the install process and it won't, it is NOT a 'force' install you have the option to uncheck the "Yes I do want to try ... " and select " decline this offer" before pressing [Next].

I tested this again by downgrading to the version I used before and this is not true. I unchecked everything crapware related and utorrent still closed firefox (without asking) and reverting it to the state from 2 hours ago (different tabs, etc).

I tested this again by downgrading to the version I used before and this is not true. I unchecked everything crapware related and utorrent still closed firefox (without asking) and reverting it to the state from 2 hours ago (different tabs, etc).

All You have to do is uncheck the box in front of "Install toolbar" and on the next screen (some V9 ad), select "Decline". It works exactly as intended..

You probably forget that your reverted your %appdata%\utorrent directory into a link... :P

I don't know what that means. I haven't reverted anything :|

All I know is auto-update placed uTorrent.exe into C:/Program Files/uTorrent folder (and saved a copy of the executable in the AppData/updates folder - which it always does anyway).

--2013-9-13 RC1 (build 30111)

1- Change: In RSS view, display published time in the 'Added' column. In torrent view, display the time it was

when the torrent was added be downloaded.

2- Change: Improved update mechanism

1 - Great :) Too bad old RSS originated torrents are with out any add-on date now (in RSS view) :|

2 - I wonder what was improved :rolleyes:

abnormal RAM consumtion is closed

Maybe there is no such issue? Maybe it is all related to how much RAM-cache you've allowed to use in your advanced-cache->settings? You are welcome to my setting with ~150M RAM max total' date=' ~40M typical...[/quote']

My limit is 512 MiB (Total RAM: 4 GiB)

Process' memory consumption fits into this limit

But version 3.3 introduced problem, leading to constant growth of Windows' cache usage

Not so important which side is more guilty (uTorrent or Windows), the one is clear: new versions of uTorrent leads to consumption of all available RAM; old versions runs stable

Archived