µTorrent 3.3.2 Stable

DaveUT

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where if you select a bunch of torrents' date='[/quote']

And do what with them?

Simply select the torrents. I didn't have any opportunity to do anything after selection because the mere action of selecting the torrents pins the cpu to 100%. I left it like that earlier today for about 5 hrs and eventually killed it. This morning, "a bunch" meant 354 torrents that were all "Finished" state. I wanted to do a 'Force recheck' on them but was unable to do so.

I don't reboot my computer, I leave it on 24/7 with utorrent. Utorrent just grows and grows and grows... I just restarted it about 2 hrs ago and it is 171MB now. After a week it will be over 300 MB... In another week, it will be over 400 MB...

Force recheck is significantly slower than it ever used to be. Regrettably, utorrent is no longer the small, fast software that it used to claim...

I spoke too soon. I did a Force Recheck of 10 torrents. After that completed, I selected the 354 torrents, and utorrent hung. It is still hung, 40 minutes later... It looks like download and upload is happening, even though the Speed tab is frozen and not changing.

and every time i start utorrent the desktop icons refresh even though i unchecked file association on startup in utorrent options.

The two have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

well unchecking :check file association on startup used to work for me before, but now i don't know why is it because i switched from windows 7 to windows 8 or because maybe i installed a new utorrent version or built this doesn't work anymore.

well unchecking :check file association on startup

That is for telling the operating system to open (associate) .torrent files and magnet:// URNs with uTorrent, it will not affect icons or "shortcuts" to applications on the 'desktop', not unless you are storing the .torrent files on the desktop that is of course.

I just updated from 3.3.1 stable to 3.3.2 stable, however running utorrent still shows that it is 3.3.1 (build 30017). Checking for updates in Help -> Check for Updates tells me that there are no new versions available. How do I get it to run 3.3.2 instead of 3.3.1?

thanks

edit: running the 3.3.2_30180.exe in updates folder seemed to work and now it runs 3.3.2 by default. I didn't know older versions were kept. There is also a file called 2e0d10.lng in the updates folder though I do not know what it's for (same date downloaded as 3.3.2_30180.exe).

I've upgraded to this stable update and i've noticed this strange bug: When i start a new torrent the "finding peers" message remains unchanged on the status tab, and the download never starts !

If i restart the program everything runs as normal.

Also the disk overloaded issue, to this day still bugs me (the only versions that didnt had that was before v.2 came out, 1.6.1 i think, but nobody uses that anymore, the private trackers i use) and i've followed any tutorial that "promised" to deliver from this "evil sin" but ultimately failed. (got 2 velociraptors, 64MB buffer SATA3 latest gen).

U think just by linking another thread with general faq will help ? I've already seen that and to no avail, should i even say that the latest "stable" build as all 3.3.x have HUGE memory leaks? just found out after downloaded some files that utorrent was using over 4GB of my memory, this never, ever happened with 3.2.3.

Archived