µTorrent 3.3.2 Stable

DaveUT

there's no cache overflowing since i get this only when utorrent is idle or seeding to peers, if i restart the client ram load goes back to normal values and after 20 or 30 minutes later it starts eating at my ram (6GB) slowly. also TASK MANAGER is not listing the ram usage of utorrent correctly, i use msi afterburner that shows exactly what my ram usage is, any MS related perf. monitor "lies" about utorrent real ram usage.

LE: last time i closed the utorrent client was 1 hour ago and the total ram usage was at about 1.2 GB now after that hour, with utorrent in the background doing nothing, just seeding at a rate of 300-450KB/s my ram usage went to 2.3GB ...

If i close right now the client my ram will go back to 1.2 in a blink of an eye !

IF that is not what u call a memory leak in this "stable" release then by all means there's no point reporting here since nobody cares anyway.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already tried that, mate and to no avail, if my client is seeding for a period of ... dunno at least 10-20 minutes to even hours, eventually it will start chokin' my ram to the sky (at least a good hour of seeding to actually see a big difference in memory utilization).

@dreadedwingknight, I've disabled both cache options in the client prior to this version (now there's a new update, 30260 i'll test on that).

Also if u think windows cache system behaviour is herratic and in this case, on latest 3.3.2 client, it's hogging my memory, then why on earth 3.2.3 is NOT having this problem, with or without cache (write/read) enabled ?

3.3.2.30260 version problem to install in windows server 2003 web edition sp2. I tried 3.4.30267 also the same after download double click it nothing happening. same file bring to windows 7 sp1 ok can upgrade and install. tried also uninstall previous version also can solve the problem.

When I restart utorrent and try to resume the paused torrents, they enter stopped state instead of starting downloads.I currently use build 30260. This is a problem I have been facing since many builds of utorrent. I have read that a similar problem was fixed in version 3.3 stable (build 29333). But it does not seem to help in my case.

On uTorrent v3.3.2 build 30260, when a torrent just finished and I do a "Rght-Click Force Re-Check", nothing happens. Only if I do a "Rght-Click Force Re-Check" more than once, sometimes twice does uTorrent begins doing a "Force Re-Check". Is this a KNOWN ISSUE already? It seems uTorrent has ALOT of issues lately... :(

Is this a KNOWN ISSUE already?

no... if you wait 2 minutes and then recheck - does it work?

No, it still didn't work.. I just finished d/l a few more torrents about 200-400MB in size, and waited about half-hour to one hour before doing the "Force Re-Check" and it still took two tries before it kicked in....

Can someone verify this if it's not too much trouble? Not on something VERY large as it'll be time consuming but something in the half GB or less range... I remember in an older 3.3.x beta it took many tries to make Force Re-Check to work... but now, it takes two or three tries, at least a slight improvement, but a bug non-the-less....

It's all about the embedded "offers"...
Exactly why I'm avoiding 3.3.x like the plague.

It's very easy to decline the offers in the installer. Then none of them get installed, only uTorrent gets installed. Lots of freeware programs (even many open-source GNU GPL ones) have other stuff "bundled" as "offers" that you have to turn down in the installers, I am VERY much used to it, uTorrent is just one of MANY programs that does this. Unfortunately, people who don't know what they're doing (like my parents in their 60s) tend to accept all the offers in installers out of a bad habit of just clicking "Yes" on everything without reading it. So, don't be like my parents, don't click "Yes" on everything without reading it, actually read the things in the installer before you decide what to click on, then you'll be fine. :P

Hey yetisyny I think you completely misunderstood what myself and Rafi wrote, what I'm saying isn't related to offers at all and Rafi knows all about what to avoid/change/not change much better than your mum. So whilst your post does make valid points to the people who have no clue, it's doesn't relate to what either myself or Rafi posted, thanks anyway.

Archived