µTorrent 3.3.2 Stable

DaveUT

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone verify this

Not happening here... maybe a corrupted settings file? try with a blank settings.dat or resume.dat

I've tried that as well... running in /recover mode w/ blank *.dat files... It's not a serious bug, when you put it in perspective, compared to the other bugs... I can live w/ repeating the command more than once... :)

More info:

- Win7/X86 (32 bit)

- Idle, no seeding, no downloading jobs

- settings - default or the one I've posted in my sig.

- using M$ performance monitor, showing uTorrent "private bytes" properly scaled

- Using RSS

- ~250 torrents in the main view

- 3 runs

Anyone else cares to try and test it over night? Maybe with a different Windows OS?

6f52fa284868123.jpg

Edit:

Found out what the issues was: I was running the exe in *XP-SP3 compatibility mode" As soon as I've reset it - problem was solved (in Win7...) . Not sure about XP...

f*k this, getting the 3.2.3 installed again, at least there's no memory leak present but hate to "regress" instead of progress, your fault.

3.2.3 is solid for the most part.

Regress

verb

1. Return to a former or less developed state.

The "less developed" regressed version here is fairly obvious, I'd say you're upgrading to a previous version :P

An actual stable build would be nice. Still hoping for 3.3.3.

I have one question about ram usage of uTorrent 3.3.2. Without utorrent my system with other applications requieres about 950 MB of ram. When I start utorrent with about 90 torrents it grows to about 1.3 GB (in task manager utorrent.exe is about 3o-40 MB). Is this 1.3 GB normal?

Still hoping for 3.3.3.

+1' date=' since stability is far far away in the 3.4 branch...[/quote']

3.4 is probably a good few months off at the very least..

I wonder though if they would think 'cos they already have one in beta they shouldn't have another in beta.. What I think is that any significant changes in uTorrent brings such a sh!t tonne of new bugs they couldn't hope to fix everything problematic in both 3.3 and 3.4 in any sort of reasonable time frame.

Fingers crossed someone there is someone smart enough to green light 3.3.3 and just MAYBE we might get this stable build I've been wanting to see for the past year.

Is Bittorrent Inc up for the challenge of releasing an actual stable build?

What I think is that any significant changes in uTorrent brings such a sh!t tonne of new bugs they couldn't hope to fix everything in problematic in both 3.3 and 3.4 in any sort of reasonable time frame.

Would be great if this was the only problem. The real problem is, the new features they add are extremely sloppy, amateurish. They don't know how to build a proper Windows application. I have all the latest version in my users/roaming folder while the auto update never worked. When I press to install the update it found, the window just closes and nothing happens. They can't even give us a proper installation path, things you learn the first day you start developing. Files that cannot be deleted etc.

Given the millions they get, you'd think they'd have true, professional developers backing the project at the very least.

What I think is that any significant changes in uTorrent brings such a sh!t tonne of new bugs they couldn't hope to fix everything in problematic in both 3.3 and 3.4 in any sort of reasonable time frame.

Would be great if this was the only problem. The real problem is' date=' the new features they add are extremely sloppy, amateurish. They don't know how to build a proper Windows application. I have all the latest version in my users/roaming folder while the auto update never worked. When I press to install the update it found, the window just closes and nothing happens. They can't even give us a proper installation path, things you learn the first day you start developing. Files that cannot be deleted etc.

Given the millions they get, you'd think they'd have true, professional developers backing the project at the very least.[/quote']

Totally Agree

Totally Agree

Here's the thing, they obviously don't care. They're just riding this for all it's worth with the least amount of effort required to maintain it. One fix here, one fix there.. what every week?

I really wish that guy that found the source code had actually leaked it, I'm sure things would be a lot better if someone with actual skill and determination actually got a hold of it.

As it stands even considering the drip feeding and the poor coding quality it's still one of the better clients out there, which honestly is quite sad. I will continue to use it until something better comes up, but I'm far from impressed with the rate of development.

it's still one of the better clients out there' date=' which honestly is quite sad.[/quote']

and I'm happy for being able to use the best client... even better with my below settings... ;)

LOL always pushin' ya settings. Things are working just fine here.. I do hate that webUI scrolling problem though which I expect will take forever to get fixed.. And not being able to search out files in a torrent is still a pain in the butt, along with the inability to have files auto move when the label changes.. amongst other things.. We'll see how many years I have to wait for all that.

LOL always pushin' ya settings

Always... :)

inability to have files auto move when the label changes

It's included in 3.4 (with a few bugs' date=' of cause...)[/quote']

Yeah I remember, hey it's probably the only thing that's been added. With them not even being able to sort out 3.3 ain't no way I'm touching 3.4, I'd rather not waste my own time dealing with the potential issues.

Any ideas how many people actually work for Bittorrent Inc? I'm thinking half the staff usernames are the actually the same dude.

See, you are hasty to reply with a solution that DOES NOT work, not everyone has your exact config, this is PC landscape, everything is possibile and i already had the cache set over 100 megs + after that SS was taken; right now at the moment of typing the client is hanging again with over 2 GB of memory leak and no HDD activity, it just hangs ! I never experienced this problem in latest 3.3.2 stable release (at least there i knew i had a memory leak but the downloads never stopped, never hanged the client).

Archived