µTorrent for OS X Mavericks

dupier56

Hello everybody !

I found a little problem with µTorrent for Mac. I'm running OS X Mavericks 10.9 on my Mac and I have µTorrent 1.8.4 installed. I discovered a bug which causes a boot problem when I open µTorrent. Indeed, it won't open for any unknown reason. I don't know what I have to do, but it would be great if someone could help me.

Thanks a lot for any help ! :-)

P.S.: I'm french so my english could be really bad. :-P

Duchemin Pierre

I'm having the same problem on a Macbook Pro 10,1 with Mavericks. Using µTorrent beta (1.9.0 build 29250). It was working fine until i Installed Xcode 5 DP.

18/06/2013 3:07:58.837 pm uTorrent[25493]: Could not find image named 'alert-red'.

18/06/2013 3:07:58.842 pm uTorrent[25493]: Could not find image named 'question'.

18/06/2013 3:07:59.101 pm uTorrent[25493]: *** WARNING: Method userSpaceScaleFactor in class NSWindow is deprecated on 10.7 and later. It should not be used in new applications. Use convertRectToBacking: instead.

18/06/2013 3:07:59.165 pm uTorrent[25493]: *** WARNING: -[NSImage compositeToPoint:operation:] is deprecated in MacOSX 10.8 and later. Please use -[NSImage drawAtPoint:fromRect:operation:fraction:] instead.

18/06/2013 3:07:59.165 pm uTorrent[25493]: *** WARNING: -[NSImage compositeToPoint:fromRect:operation:] is deprecated in MacOSX 10.8 and later. Please use -[NSImage drawAtPoint:fromRect:operation:fraction:] instead.

18/06/2013 3:07:59.320 pm com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[161]: (com.bittorrent.uTorrent.23968[25493]) Exited with code: 2

i am running dp of 10.9 osx. utorrent won't open. i have already used it once. it opened and downloaded a file. now it won't open and stay open. i never even get past the bouncing icon. any ideas?...using transmission right now.

Step 1: Open System Preferences

Step 2: Click Security & Privacy

Step 3: Click the Privacy Tab

Step 4: Click the Accessibility section

Step 5: Click the Lock button in the bottom left-hand corner and enter your administrator password if required

then drag and drop utorrent, reboot your device ;)

loadpt thanks but it doesn't work

i think the key of de problem is:

Assertion failed: (CGFloatIsValid(x) && CGFloatIsValid(y)), function void
CGPathAddLineToPoint(CGMutablePathRef, const CGAffineTransform *, CGFloat, CGFloat),
file Paths/CGPath.cc, line 224.

that also make other software to fail in Mavericks like mplayerx...

Transmission is horrible, please please please fix this annoying bug

thanks

Step 1: Open System Preferences

Step 2: Click Security & Privacy

Step 3: Click the Privacy Tab

Step 4: Click the Accessibility section

Step 5: Click the Lock button in the bottom left-hand corner and enter your administrator password if required

then drag and drop utorrent, reboot your device ;)

It worked for me with Mavericks DP2 (DP1 updated).

Remember ... you must reboot!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

SOLUTION:

I had the same problem with my MBP and clean install of Mavericks...

I must say that after update to Mavericks everything worked fine however when I did clean install I was not able to install uTorrent. Installation stops in the middle...

I tried with beta version which installs but it does not work properly (torrents are being rechecked and download does not start at all).

So what I did is to extract uTorrent.app from the last stable Version 1.8.4 (29971) using Pacifist (shareware) and copy it to Application folder...

Everything works as before and I have prefectly functioning uTorrent.

I hope it helps somebody...

• 1 month later...

Archived