How can I restart magnet links after computer crash?

smileyman

I'm running uTorrent 3.2.1 on Windows 7. Yesterday my computer froze and I had to power it off. After turning it back on and starting uTorrent all my torrents were gone from the client (the data is still in its various folders). I've used uTorrent for several years now and this is the first time this has ever happened to me--I normally exit out of uTorrent before I reboot or turn off my computer, but this time I couldn't get any response from the thing and had to turn it off manually.

I've already read several topics about this issue, but they didn't answer the specific question I have. I know I'm not going to be able to recover my old settings, as the resume.dat and settings.dat files in the appdata folder were modified after the crash. I know I can start the torrent files up again and then point them towards the right directory.

My concern is what to do with magnet links. They're not saved to the computer, so I can't open them up from there. I'm afraid that I'm going to have to open up my downloading folder and see what files are in there and then do a web search for the corresponding torrent file or magnet link.

Is there a shortcut or an easier way that I'm missing? I'm also assuming that any magnet links I had loaded in uTorrent (but hadn't started to download yet) are gone forever unless I can remember what they were?

My concern is what to do with magnet links. They're not saved to the computer, so I can't open them up from there

When the client loads a magnet, it creates a .torrent file that is saved locally so it can use the metadata, so they should be on your machine somewhere.

Other than that, If you have not shut down uTorrent since the crash resume.dat.old should be in it's "pre-crash" state.

My concern is what to do with magnet links. They're not saved to the computer, so I can't open them up from there

When the client loads a magnet, it creates a .torrent file that is saved locally so it can use the metadata, so they should be on your machine somewhere.

Are they saved in the default folder with the other torrents, or in another folder? Does the client create the torrent automatically when it's loaded or does the client create the torrent when the torrent starts? (I've got uTorrent set up so that it doesn't start the download automatically.)

Other than that, If you have not shut down uTorrent since the crash resume.dat.old should be in it's "pre-crash" state.

This was actually the first thing I did when it crashed. I was hoping that a simple exit and restart would fix it, which it sadly didn't--thus my current predicament.

Archived