iTunes Hassle from iPod

abrogard

I plugged in my son's iPod to charge the thing up and now when I try to look at what my utorrent client is doing all I can get is a screen with some rubbish about 'download iTunes' and 'go to itunes to transfer converted utorrent media onto your device'

And below that a (1) Drag and drop a torrent onto a device and (2) open itunes.

I don't want iTunes on my machine, I never did, never will.

Is all this done with the complicity of uTorrent?

How can I get rid of it and get back to my usual uTorrent operation?

(By the way, uTorrent was running at the time when I plugged in the iPod. And I've done nothing more than let the iPod charge up. Nothing. Pulled it out now, it's gone. The hassle hasn't gone though.)

Don't connect an iPod to your computer EVER because iTunes HAS TO BE INSTALLED so the computer can 'talk' to iPhones, iPods, iWhatever.

AND go complain to Apple about their restrictive practices because it has sweet FA to do with uTorrent.

Well it has something to do with uTorrent even if only in the way that an arrow through my head has something to do with me.

Because I right click on utorrent in my system tray and then click 'hide/show utorrent' and up comes this stupid splash screen - and I can find no way out of it.

That's the question: how to get away from this screen? If anyone can suggest an answer then please do.

:)

later edit: Don't worry. A reboot of uTorrent fixed it.

"when I try to look at what my utorrent client is doing all I can get is a screen with some rubbish about 'download iTunes' " is "not even close" to what I said in my second post?

You don't speak the same English I speak if you believe that.

It is gratuitously impertinent and offensive remark in any case.

And your link is redundant - I said I'd solved the problem. Or did you fail to comprehend that, too?

Thanks for your efforts and I hope it increased your post count to your satisfaction.

And I hope it increased your self-satisfaction count to your satisfaction, too, come to think of it.

:)

Archived