Problems with high-speed

Mancubus

Hello. I have a problem with choosing and setting out uTorrent for a stable high-speed downloading or uploading. When I say high-speed, I mean like about +40 MB/s (almost 400 Mbps). I've tried uTorrent 3.3, but there where problems with cache (fixed it with increasing up to 1800), and also some strange things like no downloading torrent at all, or infinite allocating. Afterwards I've downgraded to 2.2.1, and problems described earlier disappeared, but new have arised (UI hangs out when at high-speed). Now I'm using 2.0.4, it's a bit better, but still freezes a bit, although not as much the 2.2.1. Any ideas? Thanks.

According to those indications, why I would limit upload speed to 10 MB/s if there is 100 Mbps? ))))

Also,

Using settings too high for your connection can overload and/or slow down your computer, network, and connection...and may even severely impact the local segment of your ISP!

Capt. Obvious, using old P4 or whatever..

Still, thanks for the link.

Capt. Obvious, using old P4 or whatever..

Yeah, most residential routers are WORSE than the "old p4" you're referring to.

According to those indications, why I would limit upload speed to 10 MB/s if there is 100 Mbps? ))))

Because 100mbit is only about 11mbyte/sec. You need the extra room for protocol overhead.

Yeah, most residential routers are WORSE than the "old p4" you're referring to.

I'm not talking about entry-level routers.

What about HG8245? My ISP installed it, but there is little information about it's performance (CPU, RAM).

Because 100mbit is only about 11mbyte/sec. You need the extra room for protocol overhead.

By default, ISP already takes a portion of speed for service, because pure 100 Mbps is about 12.500 KB/s.

Archived