µTorrent 3.3.1 Stable

bigfalls

bunndleoffermanager.dll=

This process is potentially malicious and connects to utorrent.com to download various installations. (not harmful, but not something that you want on your machine either)

Bunndle is a distribution platform and exchange for software applications that allows developers to track, promote and monetize their products. Similar to an ad network, Bunndle allows the end user to access an online marketplace for buying and selling advertising inventory in the form of completed installs. Software Publishers monetize their channels by co-promoting other software applications to their end users. Advertisers acquire users by bidding on targeted software channels, leveraging Bunndle's expertise to maximize performance.

Bunndle uses a recommendation engine to promote software to end users who have downloaded software. Publishers integrate into Bunndle's systems using the Bunndle service and make offers to their end users for the download of other software.

Just be careful when installing utorrent/bittorrent and opt out of everything else other than utorrent.

No one needs this crap on their machines for any reason and for the gungho utorrent enthusiasts bunndleoffermanager.dll is Adware by the way.

Same thing happened not too long ago with Opencandy but Bittorrent.inc got smart and removed it completely!

Oh!

And ... READ THE LAST LINE of the Forum Rules

I don't create a new thread, so your argument is invalid

and now stop edify and making me look as bad guy here. as you are the only one offensive to me, looking on your previous post...

Completely agree!

That's why I reported it here, because not everyone will read all latest posts in other threads or use search function, especially when you don't have forum account.

I don't create a new thread, so your argument is invalid

So you chose to narrow the parameters rather than accept the spirit of the forum rules, ok then.

However if you read right to the end of the item

so do a search to see if there’s already a relevant thread before you submit an entirely new post.

When will the "/PERFORMINSTALL 2" command line be fixed?!

What’s the issue with it?

The issue is that "/PERFORMINSTALL 2" is supposed to only create a shortcut in the start menu. However, this command is ignored completely and creates a shortcut in the desktop as well.

What in blazes happened with this program!!!!!!!! it used to be awesome but ever since an hour ago and days of nagging me to upgrade to this 3.3 Which incidentally I should have ignored it like I always have, well now whenever I open anything it tells me theres files missing. My question is how can I go back to the previous version of Utorrent since this one literally sucks!

Confirm invisible tray icon bug 3.3.1.29812. Win XP SP3 + updates

Confirming this bug too.

There is no tray icon in the 3.3.1 under the Windows XP SP3

A few other problems take place in this version of uTorrent 3.3.1 29812:

01. Some useless advertising crap in the top of the uTorrent windows under the main panel.

02. No alternating lines in the "Trekker" column.

Please, have a look in the attachment by right mouse click on the image below>open image (in the context menu of Your browser).

0_b065b_4a5bb58_orig

1. You can turn off ads under Preferences > Advanced. Offer and upsell should be false. There's a thread here what to turn off in more detail.

2. The current sorted column will not have alternate color.

Thanx for the help. And how about the invisible tray icon? Will it be fixed in the further releases? It is invisible even in the 3.4 Alpha (((

Another problem was discovered:

When closing the uTorrent (not minimizing but exiting it) the next background application's window, which takes focus, starts to flash for about 10 seconds, during which it is impossible to do anything in this application.

When it ends everything goes fine again with no problems at all...

i've read all those threads few months ago and re-reading now.

I've tried every disk cache settings, diskio sparse true/false, run as admin.

Now my cache size is 50, the only thing i've reached with it that disk overload is come in about 10 seconds :(

As has been mentioned in several threads .... Reduce your cache size for a start.

It also happens if you disable disk cache?

If I remember correctly it was disabled by default due to Windows bug with disk overload.

:mad:

WnODgTr.png

I got reply from Avira as I reported this file as false positive...

Please look: https://analysis.avira.com/en/status?uniqueid=OmkcJD2cU4xwqEWYBdGfTDEYCywStdmt&incidentid=1460402

We received the following archive files:
File ID 	Filename 	Size (Byte) 	Result27656850 	quarantine.zip 	160.91 KB 	OK
A listing of files contained inside archives alongside their results can be found below:File ID 	Filename 	Size (Byte) 	Result27654557 	551305f2.vir 	347.25 KB 	MALWARE
Please find a detailed report concerning each individual sample below:Filename 	Result551305f2.vir 	MALWARE
The file '551305f2.vir' has been determined to be 'MALWARE'.Our analysts named the threat ADWARE/Bunndle.B.Detection is added to our virus definition file (VDF) starting with version 7.11.88.174.A detailed description can be found on our web page:http://www.avira.com/en/support-threats-summary/8272. 

Since the new disk i/o was introduced in 3.3 I'm getting abnormal pagefile usage with every version since. The pagegefile usage gets increased up to 1.5 Gb and frees up as soon as I close uT. I've seen few posts here mentioning that problem but haven't seen any solutions. Is this even acknowledged by the devs?

What's the most stable build right now? I'm still on 3.1.2' date='26821[/quote']

LoL, nice try.

I'm reading about all these issues right now with 3.3.1 like the invisible tray icon which makes me reluctant to update since the version I'm using now is working.

If "all" == this icon on XP - it is in good shape... You are not still with XP, right ? So what do you care about this glitch... Don't believe all those stories... 3.3.1 (+ my settings below ...) *is* the most stable one, regardless. And runs flawless for me for months (on Win7/x86...)

If "all" == this icon on XP - it is in good shape... You are not still with XP, right ? So what do you care about this glitch... Don't believe all those stories... 3.3.1 (+ my settings below ...) *is* the most stable one, regardless. And runs flawless for me for months (on Win7/x86...)

Sorry, I thought you were messin' around. You're right, all the reports I'm reading right now are from XP users. I'm using Win7 x64 so I should have nothing to worry about?

Well, X64 = x86 X2... so who knows... But, just make a backup of your setting files *.dat, replace your exe, download manually the 3.3.1 helpfile, maybe use my settings and you should be on the right track and on the safe side... (can always go back)

Just installed 3.3.1 and removed the ad bar. Looks like uTorrent no longer installs in %programsfiles% but %APPDATA%\uTorrent instead.

Is it safe to uninstall the older version of uTorrent without affecting settings?

I'm also looking at your uTorrent guide, if everything has been working fine up to this point is there any reason to tweak my uTorrent according to your guide?

Thanks for taking your time to answer my questions rafi.

Archived