µTorrent 3.3.1 Stable

bigfalls

-2013-02-21: Version 3.3.1 (build 29163)

- Fix: Rss will only download items with urls which are magnets or ending in .torrent

- Change: Update main utorrent icon

So why don't you try the previous build and help those poor devs out?... ;)

Taskbar/System Tray icons going "missing" in Windows XP is a long standing problem that will NEVER be fixed

http://winhlp.com/node/16

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6142_102-220055/icons-disappeared-from-system-tray/

Deleting ShellIconCache.db from %Userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ in a command prompt and rebooting usually "fixes" it

Taskbar/System Tray icons going "missing" in Windows XP is a long standing problem that will NEVER be fixed

http://winhlp.com/node/16

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6142_102-220055/icons-disappeared-from-system-tray/

Deleting ShellIconCache.db from %Userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ in a command prompt and rebooting usually "fixes" it.

You have described another old issue. UT 3.3.1 introduced a new problem: at WinXP icon appears empty, but not missed. You may click on that empty space to activate UT window.

This system tray icon issue does not occur with any previous build of µTorrent prior to v3.3.1, and the icon immediately re-appears when reverting to v3.3.0.

One difference I noticed is that since v3.3.1, µTorrent (uTorrent.exe) contains some unusual icon resolutions (in addition to the standard icons of 32bit 16x16, 24x24, 32x32 plus a 256x256 png of v3.3.0, the new version also contains 32bit 20x20, 40x40, and 64x64). Might the highly unusual 20x20 or 40x40 cause confusion for some systems?

Now this is the most bugged and unsightly icon I've ever seen.
Install Windows XP SP3 and you won't need to look at it!
I hope devs will use neat and clean icon from v3.3 in future builds.

If you don't like it ....... Make your own! The user manual tells you how to make uTorrent use it.

But stop bitching and whining about something so damned insignificant compared to the many other problems that actually AFFECT SOMETHING THAT MATTERS!

normal modern icon will be back instead of this outdated one.

You can use whatever icon/skin you like . Read the help and the skins-section... There will always be some people that like or dislike some GUI...

utorrent Version 3.3.1 build 29812 gets fucked up when adding language pack and choosing Norwegian

ETA and elapsed get wrong, when right clicking and want to pick start it becomes stop, logg is where it should said info + + +

dont know about other languages but english is working well

PS !! same shit with the latest build too (29938)

Is this normal that 3.3 version doesn't automatically update to this latest stable version 3.3.1 (build 29938) though it is set to do so? It's not even offered when i click Check for Updates in the Help tab... beta updates are disabled though.

Previous versions have always upgraded successfully after the automatic offer via pop-up.

More questions arose after manual test update:

I downloaded the .exe file manually and replaced the previous 3.3 .exe in the Program Files (x86) in uTorrent folder as suggested. After launching the app i had to go through the whole Set Up again and the new .exe file was still created in AppData folder... after checking through all the folders there i found another exactly the same .exe in the "updates" folder. So now i have 3 absolutely identical .exe files in 3 different folders. Can i delete the 2 in AppData folder (don't want them there, UAC is in my system for a purpose) and uTorrent will pick up the right one in Program Files folder?

There's now also a uTorrentControl_V6 folder in Program Files (x86) that got created with the last set up?! There's 12 items in there, some Toolbar related stuff amongst them. I specifically avoided to install any additional/optional toolbar stuff during set up, so why has it been created and for what purpose?

Any help would be appreciated since i must have done something wrong...

thanx guys for the update note!

in the meantime i edited my previous post with additional questions :P

basically i want to know how this .exe file migration should work? do i simply replace the previous in Program Files folder and delete the ones that got created in AppData folder, any additional steps i should take?

thanx again in advance :)

what can you say about that uTorrentControl_v6 folder?

It's probably part of the infamous Conduit toolbar that was unnecessarily installed.

Here's more info on removing it.

https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=120228

I've noticed that once in awhile after you've downloaded the utorrent.exe file, and if you hover over it states that Conduit is the company and not Bittorrent .inc....This may be one reason why this crap is automatically installed.

...what can you say about that uTorrentControl_v6 folder? did it get there with optional offers during set up though i left all the boxes unchecked and went for standard installation...
you dun goofed up when installing. the installer is purposely confusing, but it is entirely possible to install utorrent and not the bloatware.

Right you were Beasly, after a system restore i managed to get rid of all that "accidentally" installed junk, so the installer is made somewhat confusing "on purpose" for some of us :/

There are two options - Standard Installation vs Custom Installation...

uTStandardInstallation_zpsbed8df35.jpg

! note how all the toolbar options with Custom Installation are grayed out if picking Standard Installation and one assumes to get only clean uTorrent installation with this option...

uTCustomInstallation_zpsb6c9623c.jpg

...but nooo, you have to pick Custom Installation and uncheck everything!!! user friendly behaviour, perhaps :P

Another thing that bothers me with this new installation is forced agreement with OpenCandy network :mad:

uTLA-OpenCandyEULA_zpsfc1d2ee9.jpg

It is placed as part B inside uTorrent's License Agreement (scroll down when reading before installation) for whatever reason... as i do agree with part A i actually don't feel comfortable at all agreeing with the latter! For future reference i'd hope to see 3rd party/optional licences separated from the main License Agreement, it should be placed directly before whatever recommendations/processes it holds, and its Privacy Policy should also be readable directly from there instead of linking to some other sites!

Archived