µTorrent 3.3.1 Stable

bigfalls

For future reference i'd hope to see 3rd party/optional licences separated from the main License Agreement, it should be placed directly before whatever recommendations/processes it holds, and its Privacy Policy should also be readable directly from there instead of linking to some other sites!

But.. it says they are collecting info from the install itself (the user choices). Let's assume it means someone does send your choices for some statcs, would you install it anyway or not?

It is placed as part B inside uTorrent's License Agreement (scroll down when reading before installation) for whatever reason... as i do agree with part A i actually don't feel comfortable at all agreeing with the latter! For future reference i'd hope to see 3rd party/optional licences separated from the main License Agreement, it should be placed directly before whatever recommendations/processes it holds, and its Privacy Policy should also be readable directly from there instead of linking to some other sites!

That's the way it is with ALL "Pay per Install" packages, by visting the site it confirms an installation was done.

you have to pick Custom Installation and uncheck everything!!! user friendly behaviour, perhaps

Another thing that bothers me with this new installation is forced agreement with OpenCandy network.

It is placed as part B inside uTorrent's License Agreement (scroll down when reading before installation) for whatever reason.

Buundle/Conduit/Opencandy is surely a deadly combo!...lol!

A sticky should be made just to get around the maze of unwanted and un-needed malarky when installing Utorrent/Bittorrent.

It sure looks like a sneaky way to implement this crap....A Double whammy!...I guess Bittorrent.inc needs as many clicks as they can get!....Caaching!

Compared to the installation 'extras' of Format Factory, the uTorrent 'extras' have huge neon signs announcing them. With that installation, when you have declined the offer of Baidu and Delta Search, and pressed [Next], an "Ok/Cancel" dialogue pops up, which, if you don't read it carefully will totally ignore your "Do not install" selections and load them up anyway, if you click [Ok]. which would be the intuitive action because you would naturally think that you were confirming the "do not install" instructions.

I guess Bittorrent.inc needs as many clicks as they can get!....Caaching!

Let's try and be honest here.... The number of *clicks" has been reduced - from 2-3 (deselecting all tool-bars options) to one (enabling "custom")... So what do you want?... :P

I know, it does seem more confusing now... I would say - that they should actually check all those "custom" options by default. This way the user might understand that "standard" means *with* them enabled... Don't you think ?

Don't you think ?

I still say it is very confusing for the newcomers and for the ones that do not have the technical skills. Read all the posts by users that this toolbar crap has been installed by mistake! It's not straight forward at all.

I still say it is very confusing for the newcomers and for the ones that do not have the technical skills. Read all the posts by users that this toolbar crap has been installed by mistake! It's not straight forward at all.

The thing is "technical skills" are not really needed to actually read the instructions and information regarding what they are about to do, and the largest ever repository of human knowledge is at the disposal of anyone with an Internet connection (No, no not Wikipedia either) , so it's not so much "by mistake" but "by not using due diligence" (AKA impatience and the "I know what I'm doing" attitude).

Sure, most (if not all) advertisers take advantage of this by presenting things in a way that makes it difficult to say no, and we ALL know this, which is why everybody SHOULD pay attention to ANYTHING other than air that is 'free'.

I get it...how about you?....Just because piratebay is well known for what they do?

nope not illegal at all.....It's the content that is being downloaded that makes it a no-no..

I bet you more than 3/4 (very optimistic amount!) of the people that use utorrent and other similar applications do download illegal content!

I wonder why they've closed it in the US... Anyways' what people are doing is one thing and their own business, and what BT can or cannot be doing (or be officially associated with) is another... Even if we all know what people are using the product for.

Taskbar/System Tray icons going "missing" in Windows XP is a long standing problem that will NEVER be fixed

http://winhlp.com/node/16

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6142_102-220055/icons-disappeared-from-system-tray/

Deleting ShellIconCache.db from %Userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ in a command prompt and rebooting usually "fixes" it

Thank you. I put some Google links for this, but you made a much simpler job of it. I hope you post is followed and appreciated!

IMHO

isepiq :cool:

Dear Moderator,

For years I used BitComet. Since the last two years I am using µTorrent and very happy. However, there is a mistake about two months ago and no one wants to fix this mistake. For example, you've given a download link above and have done the following announcement: "µTorrent 3.3.1 Stable"

However, the version number of µTorrent downloaded from the link above: 3.3.0.29625 [Hash value (MD5): 746886D62F5912C366A25B01D3A971F0]. This is the case for a long time and have never changed.

Dear Moderator, What is this?

If the technical team thing µTorrent's user is stupid, in fact, technical team is stupid...

However, the technical team is not completely wrong, because none of the users above did not touch upon this issue... But of course, µTorrent users is not limited as this users...

(I'm sorry for my english is bad)

Regards

you've given a download link above

What link? This one? http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/complete/os/win/track/stable

I get 3.3.1 ...

First learn what is a version number' date=' hash value and download link, then answer me![/b']

Additional notes:

No problem with the download links of µTorrent beta (3.3.2 build 29944) and µTorrent alpha (3.4 build 29956)

There is a problem on the download link of µTorrent Stable (3.3.1 build 29963). Thoroughly read what I wrote!

- Change: log the error code if file deletion failed

Warning: Delete failed for C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent 3.3.1\uTorrent\******.torrent. Error: 32.

We know there is a problem... Didn't they claim they've fix it in 3.4 ? I'm not sure this is fully fixed, tho ... :(

Archived