µTorrent 3.3.1 Stable

bigfalls

Set it to 3 to delete torrent & data.

Thank you, lad!

F1 is your friend

I know about F1, but as usually happens on the extremely badly μTorrent written, you keep searching just to find out what you're looking for is not working anymore. From version to version, you don't know what works and what doesn't.

That's why I mainly asked about this specific feature.

I have Notify Me Before Installing Updates On, and when it does, I just go manually download the µTorrent.exe and then cut and paste it in my Program Files/µTorrent Folder (XP), and cut and paste it in my Program Files(x86) µTorrent Folder (W7 Ultimate). I then run the program and have had NO problems, AND it runs from where I want it to run that way.

Thanks for a great Proggie!!!!

µTorrent A+++

IMHO isepiq :cool:

Why is uTorrent Install no longer respecting my custom installation folder? This is a very serious bug, and not a "feature" that I would agree with having. It's rather ridiculous, because uTorrent has always been seen as being portable, but recently it began asking to install itself, and now it just silently installs to the Roaming folder! It even forgets completely about the custom installation, and doesn't even bother to copy the settings or torrents from it (which is what I would expect it to do if this really is a feature, so that the user is not shocked into finding a factory-reset, empty torrent client!!)

Please fix this as soon as possible and have uTorrent install in the custom user-chose directory or if you really want to force everyone to install into the default directory (WHY?) at least migrate from the custom directory properly so that the upgrade is seamless to the end user!

Do we really have to resort to tip #R from rafi to fix this?

Not very happy about the latest update.

I have utorrent installed to a custom folder in Program Files x86, after update to 3.3.1 today I suddenly start getting lots of firewall alerts from comodo for utorrent which was strange as I have rules setup for it.

The new update ignores the previous install folder & instead installs to AppData\Roaming\utorrent, no mention of this in the changelog as far as I can see (previous version was 3.2.3)

It's a shame that this app is slowly being destroyed by the makers, it now looks horrible ( I have to use a skin that makes it look like v2.0.4, the amount of adware\spyware\offers is getting silly & now it completely ignores users folder locations & forces install to the roaming folder.

I know the devs need to make money but p*ssing off your users & making them desert the app is not that way to do it.

Now back on v3.2.3 & will be looking for another client that respects it's users & doesn't force things & changes on them, shame really as I have been recommending utorrent to family & friends since it came out.

I knew as soon as bittorrent bought them the app would go downhill & sadly have been proven right.

Cheers,

Banzi.

Did you update manually (downloading the installer from the download page) or via Help>Check for Updates option?

(I admit I'm not using 3.3.1, but currently I'm finding 3.3.2 respects uTorrent's installation folder that I set - Program Files>uTorrent - whether I Check for Updates, or via balloon notification update. Maybe it's an XP thing ;) ).

Did you update manually (downloading the installer from the download page) or via Help>Check for Updates option?

(I admit I'm not using 3.3.1' date=' but currently I'm finding 3.3.2 respects uTorrent's installation folder that I set - Program Files>uTorrent - whether I [b']Check for Updates, or via balloon notification update. Maybe it's an XP thing ;) ).

I updated from within utorrent, the firewall alerts were the 1st sign that something was up, checked the utorrent folder in program files & it was blank, eventually found it in the roaming folder.

It annoyed me as there was no warning that it was going to change folder or anything.

Can I just copy the 3.3.1 exe to the specific folder I want it in? What's the best way of doing it?

Cheers,

Banzi.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been installed μTorrent version 3.3.1 build 30017.

A problem of "Disk overloaded 100%" was a constant.

Then I switched to μTorrent (2.0 build 17920) as a result - normal work.

Please, back settings concerning disk overload in new μTorrent versions as it was in μTorrent (2.0 build 17920).

Archived