Stuck at "finding peers" when using VPN

joggje

- Windows 7

- uTorrent 3.3.1 (build 29812)

and also 3.3.2 Beta (build 29806)

-VPN

My torrents are stuck at "finding peers". The torrents are not "dead", they are new movies and new TV shows.

I am using VPN, can that have something to do with it?

I am also a member of a torrent community which allows me only to keep the "ask tracker for scrape information" and "enable bandwidth management uTP" checked on the BitTorrent part of preferences.

uTorrent worked fine a few months ago, with the same settings as before (except the settings described above) and without VPN.

I am using VPN, can that have something to do with it?

Yes.

Sooooo

uTorrent worked fine a few months ago, with the same settings as before (except the settings described above) and without VPN.

What does THAT tell you is the cause??

Wow, thanks for being SO helpful.

Wow' date=' thanks for being SO helpful.

...[/quote']

Ok, so if you don't want to be told the truth,

... What lies would you like me to tell you about VPNs and torrenting??

Why do you have to be so rude all of the time? It is not helpful at all. I obviously understand that it is probably a problem caused by the VPN. Please stay away if you don't have any intention to help.

I didn't post here just to find out what the problem is. I want to know how to fix it.

I have of course also tried to disconnect from the VPN and start uTorrent. It is still stuck on "finding peers". And I tried to run the program with the old settings. Still the same problem.

This is why I am wondering if it's not only the VPN's fault.

I have of course also tried to disconnect from the VPN and start uTorrent. It is still stuck on "finding peers". And I tried to run the program with the old settings. Still the same problem.

Have you stopped and restarted the jobs individually?

I am also a member of a torrent community which allows me only to keep the "ask tracker for scrape information"

Have you tried loading jobs that do NOT come from a private tracker? Because some "registration required" torrent sites will have blocked known VPN provider IPs or referrers from their trackers.

Have you stopped and restarted the jobs individually?

I am also a member of a torrent community which allows me only to keep the "ask tracker for scrape information"

Have you tried loading jobs that do NOT come from a private tracker? Because some "registration required" torrent sites will have blocked known VPN provider IPs or referrers from their trackers.

Yes and yes. I have tried downloading several different files from several different torrent sites.

Archived