uTorrent crashing on startup

Snax111

A few hours ago I tried to add a new torrent, but I quickly canceled it before it started. After canceling it utorrent froze, so I ended the task. Since then I haven't been able to open it. It says uTorrent has crashed and when I press relaunch the application the message just comes up again. I've tried restarting the computer and reinstalling utorrent (but keeping the settings) and it doesn't work.

Version: 3.2.1 build 28086

Version: 3.2.1 build 28086

Not supported any more.

Well I'm pretty sure the version is irrelevant here, there's something wrong with my settings. I just added the version because the FAQ said to. Basically I just need to figure out how to find wherever the error is and fix it. Is there some way to restore the settings to before this happened or something? If I reinstall without saving the settings is there any way I can get my torrents back? I really don't want to have to lose everything.

Actually ...

The version and build is VERY relevant at this forum.

Read the forum rules >> http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=721470#p721470

Is there some way to restore the settings to before this happened or something?
Back them up first. Instructions are in the user manual.

Okay, I can see now that you're either a troll or perhaps even worse somebody who isn't able to think, so I won't be bothering with you anymore.

I will say this though, and I know I'm continuing to feed you here, but I wasn't saying relevant to the forum, I was saying relevant to this situation.

By the way I made a mistake, the version is actually 3.3.1 build 29812. Good? I'm sure this will make a huge difference in the troubleshooting process.

So if anyone with something constructive to say would like to help me please do. Thanks :)

Archived