Force Re-check Question [BUG?]

Theodore1982

hi , i am not sure this is a bug or just the way it works ... so i would like to know.

utorrent 3.3 [29677] [32 bit]

when i try to force re-check the files [from one tracker to another] & the files happens to be different (so the re-check dont match) ,

utorrent changes the date modified but the most important is that it damages the files !

when the files match , or partially match there is absolutely no problem ... date modified doesnt change , i can seed or continue downloading to complete em.

i think the problem only happens if the re-checked files are a little larger than the the torrents one (f.e these have an extra attached picture) ...

is it normal or is it a bug ? since the files get corrupted if recheck fails , its important for me to know ...

thanks for any help

utorrent changes the date modified but the most important is that it damages the files !
Errm no?? You did that by trying to mix two different torrents together.

BitTorrent clients use the BINARY DATA of the files NOT the date, name, size or any other superficial detail to check the files. So it's not a bug merely a PEBCAK issue.

no , let me explain the case better ...

i didnt try to mix the torrents , i downloaded torrent from one tracker .... when i finished , i deleted the torrent from utorrent. i downloaded another torrent from another tracker & tried to force-recheck the files with the new torrent. (same folder,same filenames etc , i did it correctly)

the difference between the the 2 torrents files is only a picture attached in flacs ( i know this cause i know that their original soure is the torrent i tried to recheck with) !

the files i already had were 200 kb bigger each ...

ok i understand that the recheck normally will fail cause of the extra picture.

but the result was the flacs to be damaged (not all of their data , but gives me error at the end of playback) , and when i looked i saw that the date modified were changed to the time of the recheck ...

Archived