µTorrent 1.5.1 beta 466

Firon

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe there should be a "Rename" option in the context menu to make it obvious, though i don't feel the need to rename torrents.

Found a strange log entry: "Unable to load "<NULL>": Torrent is already loaded!"

Everything seems to work fine, though.

Update: This seems to be related to two torrents that are auto-loaded via RSS. The torrents are identical, the only difference is the name. They showed up almost at the same time in the RSS feeds, with 3 seconds difference. And 2 seconds later the error appears in the log.

PS: Are the thread subscription mails working? I seem to miss some, esp. from this thread.

Maybe there should be a "Rename" option in the context menu to make it obvious, though i don't feel the need to rename torrents.

The only reason you don't feel that need, is that you never came across a torrent with great content, that was named "torrent", "files" or something like "mftp201-4". :)

I'll third the "Rename" addition to the context menu !

Well, i could argue that there are other options that don't need context menu entries. e.g. Start/Stop/Pause have their own toolbar button. There are also several dividers that could be left out.

IMHO if you offer a feature show the user a way to use it. And another entry in the context menu will do no harm.

Unless you like to explain how to use this feature in numerous forum posts and finally it will become a entry in the FAQ.

I also thought that the GUI is stil to be altered, especially for the new features. There should be an option in the "Appearance" tab to activate the graphical progress bars. I don't think such basic options should be hidden in the "Advanced" section. That should really be reserved for settings that can seriously screw up your performance.

Mugros: the advanced stuff and options in general are a mess, and we know it. We talked about how to re-organize it today, presumably for the next beta.

And well, renaming is a standard Windows function. :P Learn Windows!

Well, i could argue that there are other options that don't need context menu entries. e.g. Start/Stop/Pause have their own toolbar button.

I turn off the toolbar on this app (and most others) as it just duplicates functions available elsewhere and uses up too much space.

And, the icons in toolbars are usually non-intuitive - they rarely indicate the function from a quick glance.

Again, this is on most apps, not just utorrent.

So, "it is already on the toolbar" is no argument to me.

PS Other BT clients have user-definable context menu. ;)

Well, as some-one already said - seeing how to do things (using Windows 'standard' methods) - will surly save you, Firon, a few sentences in the FAQ and lots of As in the forum. Windows explorer DOES include "rename" as a standard in the context menu, so let's do it also so.

Also - doing it in the same way all over the application is important too. SO why not put a similar context menu tin all places that can "rename" things - RSS->favorites, RSS->feeds.

And yes, I agree - some options should find a better place then in the advanced - example: RSS-timeout - can simply be in RSS feeds tab.

Well, i could argue that there are other options that don't need context menu entries. e.g. Start/Stop/Pause have their own toolbar button. There are also several dividers that could be left out.

I never use toolbar to stop/start/pause torrent's, so again, it should be optional :P

In Windows, if I'm renaming something and click on non-filename place (don't know how to explain it better) current filename is kept, and in utorrent it don't behave like this.

PS slow double-click sux, I want it optional, because it only gives me trouble

Please, there are users that prefer the mouse, others prefer keyboard. Some like to use context menues, others don't. Don't think that your personal preferences applies to all users. It is typical for windows that many of the basic commands can be executed in various ways. I'd prefer it if this is maintained in utorrent.

Archived