µTorrent 1.5.1 beta 466

Firon

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, that's not an answer to my question. I'm not asking what each one is -- I know well enough. I'm asking if one takes seeding goals into account while the other doesn't. Can you give me a definitive answer to this question: if you have seeding torrents that haven't reached the seeding goal by the time the downloading torrents complete their seeding goals, will µTorrent shut down when you select "Shutdown when downloads complete," regardless of the fact that some torrents haven't completed?

I asked other people on the channel, and no one seemed to be sure. I suspect I'll have to ask ludde directly myself to make 100% sure -- if I can ever find him on when I am -.-

@ultima, this feature was there a couple of betas ago... since people have complained that there should be the "all finished" feature, the real question is does it really shuts down when *everything* is selected and done...

but to your question - I've tried it myself, and it looks like it works just as you/I said. when DLs are done - regardless of anything else - it shuts down (although it just logs-out in Win98... :( a fact which I see as a Win98 bug... so please do check it out on XP...)

Hrm, I don't like that... it's what people were fighting against in the first place when this whole shutdown feature was requested several months ago =T

Thanks for the confirmation, I'll try to find some time to test it, but not at the moment.

Okay, I think I found a bug with the preferences in beta 464. It seems like there's a conflict between "Show current speed in the title bar" (General) and "Append .!ut to incomplete files" (Downloads) because enabling the second option seems to enable the first. On that note, disabling the first option also seems to disable the second option. I've noticed this behavior on two different systems.

Ultima's right: I was talking about the name change. There may have been a small change in function, though: if I understood Firon right, it now makes sure the files are the right sizes, not just that they exist (convert to singular for a single-file torrent) before announcing as a seed.

Archived