µTorrent 1.5.1 beta 466

Firon

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that each column is given index values based on a default, hardcoded order, and the index values of selected columns are stored in the settings. When a new column is added, it shifts the indices, and because of that, µTorrent has no choice but to reset the columns rather than risk picking an incorrect column. But that's just my guess, and it's probably incorrect (especially since I'm a n00b coder, and might be thinking of things in a n00bish way ;P).

trinop: 'tis inevitable. :P

so, why not mention that (important) fact in the changelog ? ... :P

edit:

BTW - since the columns' order is being destroyed anyway, I would love to see the implementing "started on" column as well... what do you thing ?

right, so ? want people to 'hate' you for that ? or better let them know what to expect, and they will (wisely...) decide if to wait for the stable release and "suffer" once, or have their setup change each new beta... (almost...)

I just tried out µTorrent v1.5.1 Beta 462 and it looks as though the UPnP feature does work with my Linksys WRT54GX4 router. I enabled the setting to randomize the port each time µTorrent is loaded and it hasn't given me any problems through multiple test runs. I suppose the UPnP log could use some clean-up but the functionality is there.

UPDATE: After leaving the program running for an extended period of time, the log indicates repeated UPnP mapping attempts every 10 minutes. Is this normal?

[3:33:45] UPnP: Mapped port 25179 -> 192.168.1.101:25179

[3:43:46] UPnP: Port 25179 is already mapped. Not re-mapping.

[3:53:47] UPnP: Port 25179 is already mapped. Not re-mapping.

[4:03:48] UPnP: Port 25179 is already mapped. Not re-mapping.

Yes, it tries every 10 minutes to ensure the port stays mapped (router reboot/crash, your IP changed, etc),

So the log doesn't get filled up (for tidyness I guess) wouldn't it be better just to log when a re-map happens instead of when it doesn't happen?

Changing the columns is sooo hard... :rolleyes:

Anyway, can people test the new UPnP code with their routers and tell us if it doesn't work? :P

Oh Firon, Firon... open your mind a bit and listen up. You said that 50% of the times I am right... right ? this is the case here... ;)

Anyway... was it tested on Win 98 (as advertised ... ) ? or would you like me to try check it up (Alcatel 510 router, and - for you I'll change the columns... ) ? 'cause I might end up whining (again) on some run-time errors... due to so-called 'Win98' bugs... :P

uPnP problem:

router - Alcatel 510 (V 4.3.2.6 )

logger message:

[21:40:42] Connecting to http://192.168.2.138:80/upnp/IGD.xml

[21:40:42] Didn't find any XML information!

[21:40:52] Unable to map UPnP Port.

copying the text from the logger - shows <lf> only at the end of the string. maybe <cr> is needed ?

Entering this address manually onto the router - works.

Default browser: Maxthon

Any hints ?

Archived