µTorrent 1.5.1 beta 466

Firon

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nvm the cause, just promoting the auto-application execution, since I think it is REALLY useful. for lots of stuff you want to do when it is finished:

* notify yourself (email etc)

* uncompress the DL

* and much more...

So how about you helping in this direction ? like a todo item ? ... :)

Anyway - the missing balloon on Win98 IS a uT problem/'bug', so you can just as well pop up with a regular dialog instead...

Mmm... did you mess around with something in nLite..? Tweak UI can enable/disable it (under Taskbar and Start menu). It's not a Classic issue, as I use Classic as well, and I can see it ;P

@rafi: Hm, I (personally) wouldn't consider the missing tray balloon a bug. It's just like some other Windows XP-exclusive features, like adding a firewall exception.

Hm, Ultima, since it suppose to support all OSes, it is expected to have similar features. If notification is one-important convenience feature, why not implement it for all ? it only one if statement to pop-up a simple dialog box in Win98, not a big deal for a skilled programmer like ludde.

But, are you with me for a more general user-application to be activated upon completion ? This could solve this notification problem on all OSes and could serve for many other needs - as I mentioned above.

Vote YES! your vote IS important to us (humble Win98 users...) !... :)

Yes, I'm for having µTorrent work similarly across operating systems, but I still wouldn't consider it a bug, and that was my point ;P

Aside from that, though, you can't really deny that there are things in newer versions of Windows that simply can't be backported to Windows 98. Examples include the firewall thing I mentioned, and sparse files.

Anyway, how do you suppose ludde could implement this without it being obtrusive? A regular dialog kills the purpose of the balloon notification in the first place, as it gets on top of other windows in an annoying way (unlike the balloon).

...Anyway, how do you suppose ludde could implement this without it being obtrusive?

Option A. - as I said give an application callback option at the end, and let each one of us choose what he likes to do with it...

option B. - find something similar to this pop up. In the past I've show an example here so you can try look for it. I forgot where... ;) I might try to look for such option - is he will be serious about this

Edit:

Here area nother options (using c++ / java ... source code included)

http://jeans.studentenweb.org/java/trayicon/trayicon.html

http://www.codeproject.com/shell/CTrayIcon.asp

A regular dialog kills the purpose of the balloon notification in the first place, as it gets on top of other windows in an annoying way (unlike the balloon).

We humble Win98 users are used for bad things. this is good enough... :)

Its me again with another one of those weird bugs dealing with multiple torrents using the same directories. This time the 462 build deletes some of the files in the directory when both torrents are seeding. Weird.... One of the torrents uses 256K blocks while the other torrent uses 2meg blocks so they appear as different torrents but the files are exactly the same.

The last bug was when 2 torrents use the same directory name but uses different files in the directory and when one torrent finishes it moves it to the DONE directory so the 2nd torrent goes ooops where did my files go?

I guess the files were not deleted but just moved to the done folder after doing a force recheck since I just loaded the new torrent to seed it as well since I found that the 2 torrents were using the same files. But it does not always move the files to the done folder IF you only do a force recheck ?. I need to check this again to see what exactly happened since they were both seeding and then got an error and I thought the files were deleted.

Archived