Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firon

µTorrent 1.5.1 beta 466

@Vike: it should. try it out and let us know. it did only "logout" for me ... :(

@Vike: Hm, about the autoshutdown thing... that's one thing I'm not sure of. I'm wondering, if the "downloading" one takes seeding goals into account, then what's the "everything" for in the first place?

dounloading=downloading

everything=downloading+seeding.

What's not clear about that ?

The question is - if it works ....

Erm, that's not an answer to my question. I'm not asking what each one is -- I know well enough. I'm asking if one takes seeding goals into account while the other doesn't. Can you give me a definitive answer to this question: if you have seeding torrents that haven't reached the seeding goal by the time the downloading torrents complete their seeding goals, will µTorrent shut down when you select "Shutdown when downloads complete," regardless of the fact that some torrents haven't completed?

I asked other people on the channel, and no one seemed to be sure. I suspect I'll have to ask ludde directly myself to make 100% sure -- if I can ever find him on when I am -.-

@ultima, this feature was there a couple of betas ago... since people have complained that there should be the "all finished" feature, the real question is does it really shuts down when *everything* is selected and done...

but to your question - I've tried it myself, and it looks like it works just as you/I said. when DLs are done - regardless of anything else - it shuts down (although it just logs-out in Win98... :( a fact which I see as a Win98 bug... so please do check it out on XP...)

Hrm, I don't like that... it's what people were fighting against in the first place when this whole shutdown feature was requested several months ago =T

Thanks for the confirmation, I'll try to find some time to test it, but not at the moment.

well, I can confirm that the other feature - *everything* shutdown trigger - works too. So people (and yourself) can use it and be happy... :)

Oh, I don't even use the shutdown feature, don't plan on actually using it, and didn't want it in the first place (just never really fought it either) =P

Okay, I think I found a bug with the preferences in beta 464. It seems like there's a conflict between "Show current speed in the title bar" (General) and "Append .!ut to incomplete files" (Downloads) because enabling the second option seems to enable the first. On that note, disabling the first option also seems to disable the second option. I've noticed this behavior on two different systems.

Oh, I don't even use the shutdown feature, don't plan on actually using it, and didn't want it in the first place (just never really fought it either) =P

I never user it either until now.

"Skip hash check" is a huge improvement over "Open for seeding." Thanks to Ludde for that.

huh? i thought both were the same

Ultima's right: I was talking about the name change. There may have been a small change in function, though: if I understood Firon right, it now makes sure the files are the right sizes, not just that they exist (convert to singular for a single-file torrent) before announcing as a seed.

me niether... ;) actually I don't know what you are talking about ... :) care to remind me ?

When you open a torrent, that dialog, the checkbox labeled "Skip hash check" used to be "Open for seeding".

when you click for statistics, the text is not translated, is this a bug, or does this version need a new translation pack?

nightshifted: yeah, I suggested for him to change it because too many people thought they needed it to seed. And I'm not sure if it checks the filesizes yet, try it out. :P

So build 465 doesn't use router.bittorrent.com now, does that mean µTorrent now uses Azureus DHT?