µTorrent 1.5.1 beta 466

Firon

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anoxan was asking about when it'd be released ;P

@anoxan: No clue, but last I remember (and this was a while ago), ludde got his implementation of UPnP *at least partially* working, but I could very well be mistaken.

Edited a bit

hmmm, why is it the beta opens too few pieces at once? where can i chnage that? i tried a torrent on my new connection (384/384) and even uploading 35kB/s i didnt get much speed i believe thx to the few pieces it opens, however i tried it on utorrent 1.5 and everything was just fine having a top speed downloading and uploading, beta had only top speed uploading, and i believe the few pieces it tries to download at a time are to blame

--- 2006-04-28: Version 1.5.1 (build 453)

- Feature: Add a way to make µt startup in bosskey mode

Maybe I'm just missing something here, but can anyone explain how this option is enabled? I'm using v1.5.1 Beta Build 160 and can't seem to find any mention of that in the preferences (including the advanced options).

The scheduler needs a caption for "upload only mode". I heard you can hold down shift while clicking a timeslot to have it turn light red, signifying µTorrent will only seed during that hour. Using shift+click is probably not as good as just adding it to the click options.

As Scheduler grows in complexity, how about marking a whole continuous timeslot to all change at once?

One minor annoyance of utorrent is that - in regards to the Seeds and Peers column - that any peer to which ut cannot connect, is counted in the Peers column.

The problems with this is when there are only Seeds and no Leechers on the torrent - which is often the case in private BT sites that are very "ratio conscious".

For example, suppose that a scrape says "10 seeds and 0 leechers". Then when utorrent connects to the torrent to seed, it can only connect to 8 of the peers. It then reports (8) and (2) - which gives the impression that there are 2 leechers, when in fact, there are none.

So, we need some sort of option(s) concerning this, such as:

- "Do not count unconnectable peers"

and/or

- "Report scrape data in parentheses rather than utorrent's count"

Both of these would be helpful. Most clients use the parentheses to report the scrape data.

the only thing i need is some caching improvements.. it should go around windows' system cache just like bitcomet does.. that will make it the real lightweight client.. i have to use cache boost to prevent windows from draining all my available memory with its cache

One minor annoyance of utorrent is that - in regards to the Seeds and Peers column - that any peer to which ut cannot connect, is counted in the Peers column.

The problems with this is when there are only Seeds and no Leechers on the torrent - which is often the case in private BT sites that are very "ratio conscious".

For example, suppose that a scrape says "10 seeds and 0 leechers". Then when utorrent connects to the torrent to seed, it can only connect to 8 of the peers. It then reports (8) and (2) - which gives the impression that there are 2 leechers, when in fact, there are none.

and/or

Both of these would be helpful. Most clients use the parentheses to report the scrape data.

I completly agree!!!!!!!!!!!

and/or

You're right, this would be very nice! Inside of ()'s should be the number of peers/seeds reported by the tracker, not the ones that can/can't be connected to.

And I suggest you get off your high horse, maxe, unless you'd like your stay to be short.

how dare you to speak to me in such a dirty way!!

your pathetic tries at threatening me only create a laugh in my face.

i don't want to insult anyone but i give a damn on you. i don't care about you.

i don't have the obligation to show you any respect.

show your respect to your users, then you get it back.

He actually threatened legal action if the "offending comments" (from utorrent-guest I think) weren't removed. :rolleyes:

I didn't ban him right there because he actually made a bug report. But screw it.

edit: ROFL. Oh man, I definitely needed this laugh.

joker

<j.o.k.e.r@gmx.net> to firon

More options 4:29 am (12 minutes ago)

good day,

your forum administrator, called firon, just banned me from your

support forums without any reason. he also didn't comply to my demand

to delete or edit his threatening posting against me.

i also don't have the ability to react to his misbehaviour as he

simply banned me to probably make me silent.

if you don't remove the ban AND remove or edit his threatening posting

against me in the next 48 hours i will take full legal actions against

you and your site and forum.

i also have already consulted my lawyer and have also passed all

information to him.

i also expect a reply to this email to my email address

j.o.k.e.r@gmx.net.

best regards.

p.s. this is definitely NO joke as my email address might imply!

p.s. i also sent a copy of this message to your boss

ludde@utorrent.com!

Oh man, what a tool.

edit2: here was the original threat he made (apart from several posts I deleted because they were retarded or spam or whatever) in the report post feature.

"harrassing of other users. i expect this posting to be edited/censored by a moderator and the user being warned else i will take legal actions against it."

What an idiot!

Actually there is a similar case in germany right now. A so-called "callboy" threatens all kind of people with law suits, even lawyers.

I really like to see how he sues you guys in Sweden because of this. He seems to be the only one who totally freaks out all the time. Any sane lawyer would tell him to shut up.

Archived