Utorrent or any torrent client at that matter causes usb issue HELP!!

astakiller89

I just moved and went from a wired connection to a wireless connection, Went out and bought the Belkin n600 DB wireless receiver running it at 2.4ghz wireless N connection with a belkin e900 wireless router.

When i open Utorrent (latest version) downloads start normally. speeds start to increase and then they start to drop until both upload and download hit 0, then i hear the plug and play usb noise windows 8 throws at you when a device is unplugged then plugged back in, my mouse keyboard external hdd and wireless receiver all drop connection at once for a split second then reconnect. Then the downloads start up again, This process repeats itself indefinitely untill i stop the downloading.

Now ive tried everything, i created static ip, i forwarded the port. I tried changing the ports incase im being throttled which im not. i configured my avg firewall to allow the port im using. im using both udp and tcp. ive changed trans_dispostion to 21 dropped max global peers to as low as 50 same with peer per torrent, no change. Also ive changed max half open with no effect. re-installed usb drivers with no change. I'm starting to think this is a hardware software compatibility issue. non specific to utorrent because no matter what client i use the same thing happens.

Anyone got any ideas? otherwise im just gonna run a 50ft ethernet out my window.

Thanks for all the great help. Wonderful community. Thought maybe the torrent "professionals" would want to help, guess it's more fun to make snide comments.

by the way. the client causes the usb crash, as it only happens when using the client. And it happens when using a pci wireless adapter as well.

ill run the cable. thanks again.

Thanks for all the great help. Wonderful community. Thought maybe the torrent "professionals" would want to help, guess it's more fun to make snide comments.

There are no uTorrent 'professionals' here, just other users.

Tby the way. the client causes the usb crash, as it only happens when using the client. And it happens when using a pci wireless adapter as well.
What bit is it of it being the HARDWARE at fault NOT the uTorrent client that you are not seeing.

You have already proved it is NOT uTorrent, and this being a uTorrent SPECIFIC forum NOT a general torrenting forum IT IS not the concern of this forum!!!!!!!!

Archived