Why is Status Seeding blinking brown & green?

royal11

I'm seeding 19 torrents. Ordinarily all are green but just the last day or so they've started blinking between brown and green in the Status column every few seconds (see my logo at left), reminiscent of a neon sign. Updating the trackers doesn't help. All settings are the same as before. Also I've changed IPs a couple of times. Apparently everything is in fact working OK, but the blinking is distracting. Is this a GUI bug, or what? I'm running µtorrent 3.2.3

Here's what one of them says that is blinking between brown and green (mostly brown)...

Name	Status	Update In	Seeds	Peers	Downloaded	
[DHT] working 17m 26s 13 14 0
[Local Peer Discovery] working 1 0 0
[Peer Exchange] working 18 2 0
udp://tracker.ccc.de:80/announce Connection timed out. 34m 54s 0 0 0
udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce Connection timed out. 23m 58s 0 0 0
udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce Connection timed out. 19m 2s 0 0 0

Note that this doesn't kill the torrent. When a new peer comes along who wants to download it, it turns green and he can get it. Most of these are fairly inactive torrents but I keep seeding them. They're specialty items not readily available elsewhere. It might be several minutes, or an hour or more, before someone new comes along to get it.

This must go in cycles. Currently all of the 19 torrents are green except one, which is blinking. Previously almost all of them were blinking. The blinking is fairly rare, except for the last day or so.

====================

P.S. It just turned fairly constantly green again and gives the following change in tracker status info...

Name	Status	Update In	Seeds	Peers	Downloaded	
udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce working 30m 0s 10 0 0

So apparently it is related to the udp:// protocol. Sometimes it works, sometimes not... Why? Any fixes?

Archived