Download Files Inside Torrent One by One ?

A2Creativity

Hello all,

i have problem, well it's not a big problem.. so here's the thing, i was downloading a torrent which have 12 music files in it i want to listen them one by one, when i tried to download them (without changing anything) they download it simultaneously, and when i divided them into 3 group which has four files each that divided with High, Normal, & Low priority they still download files in each group simultaneously ! so i want to ask how to download files inside the torrent one by one ? :)

p.s

sorry for my bad English :D

That should be some what simple, before you start to download the files, and when the uTorrent's download window pops up showing you the file(s) you are about to download, you SHOULD wait before the actual files in the torrent is listed in the box before you click okay to download, then you can choose which files you don't want by unchecking them, unless they are all archived in one file.

I hope this helps.

That should be some what simple, before you start to download the files, and when the uTorrent's download window pops up showing you the file(s) you are about to download, you SHOULD wait before the actual files in the torrent is listed in the box before you click okay to download, then you can choose which files you don't want by unchecking them, unless they are all archived in one file.

I hope this helps.

No, i want to download them all, i just want utorrent to download the files inside the torrent one by one automaticaly, so i don't need to enable other files after the previous file completed. Any Idea ?

The BitTorrent protocol does not download 'files' it download 'pieces', which are blocks of binary data which, when re-assembled in the correct order the operating system can identify as 'files'

ALSO it is NOT sequential so piece 18 may be downloaded before piece 0.

Thirdly. Pieces may contain several [small] 'files'. OR a single 'file' can span several pieces.

The nearest you can get is setting 'fine grained priorities' (it is explained in the user manual) and use that to sequence the 'files' you want first. Always noting that the client will NOT obey your priorities strictly and by setting priorities badly you WILL reduce the protocol efficiency.

Archived