Upload Limit does not work

Balza'mon

Apply to uTP is not checked ?

Apply to overhead is not checked?

And... 5K is too small ...

do you mean, under bandwidth, "Apply rate limit to uTP connections"?

Don't know where the overhead is supposed to be checked.. o_O

Yes, it is low. I was just wanting to test the feature out..

uTorrent 3.3.1 (29938)

1. I ran the setup guide and uTorrent sets my connection to limit upload to 286 KBps. Also, it reports port is open.

2. Bandwith setting under Preferences : apply rate to overhead and upt connections is checkmarked and applied.

3. Bittorrent settings under Preferences: enable bandwith management [upt] is checked and ask tracker for scrape information is checked. encryption disabled. allow legacy connections is checked. I only use private trackers so, the other settings are off.

I would like to say I am not new to this whatsoever and I know how the setting should be and how they should work. I have applied the settings and it still insists on surpassing the upload speed limit. utorrent set it to 286 and I have transport and upt enabled to be included in this limit. The speeds burst sometimes up to 345 KBps. I really do think you guys have a bug in this version but, maybe you could tell me something I'm missing. My webpage surfing did not suffer until this version and I can not control the speed limit for the upload no matter what. I also wanted to make it clear that this is all happening without doing any downloading at all. I am doing absolutely nothing but uploading while this problem is occurring.

utorrent set it to 286 and I have transport and upt enabled to be included in this limit. The speeds burst sometimes up to 345 KBps.

What is it averaging out at?

Data burst rates will always exceed the upper limit in ANY kind of data transfer, that's why it is called a "burst rate" because it is a sudden burst of activity rather than being a sustained rate.

utorrent set it to 286 and I have transport and upt enabled to be included in this limit. The speeds burst sometimes up to 345 KBps.

What is it averaging out at?

Data burst rates will always exceed the upper limit in ANY kind of data transfer' date=' that's why it is called a "burst rate" because it is a sudden [b']burst of activity rather than being a sustained rate.

It constantly goes between 235 and 337 kB/s. So, it's breaking the limiter by a high margin almost constantly. In previous versions it held the limit at never higher than 278 maybe 280 for a second but, it always held it's limit and web surfing was never affected until this release. I will just assume that your program is "working as intended" because there is nothing I can do to control the constant disregard for the global limit I set and nobody else seems to be whining. It stays above even the 286 mark for long periods of time. I did a little test and just set the global limit to 0 and removed the "apply rate limits to" tabs and it behaved exactly the same as if I had set the global limit to 286 with the "apply rate limits to" tabs checked. I am at a total loss and I'm sure you are too.

I think the latest versions are a bit more permissive regarding breaking the limit, but for only a short while... Not too bad.

If you have also your BitTorrent->limit local peers enabled, this is it, as designed... Live with it.

Archived