"Get UseNeXT..."

Tich

I never said the ad was gonna get removed. Where'd I say that?

And well, there's nothing I can do about what ludde wants. I don't give a damn to be honest, nothing wrong with it (despite users claiming it's a scam, I've yet to personally meet anyone who's had issues, the ones I've seen all say it's fine even if the prices after the trial are not spectacular). And it's just advertisement, all advertisement is designed to be masked in some fashion. Ever seen viral marketing?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
I've stopped upgrading µTorrent since I saw the scam artist "useNext" on their download page.

Has MPAA, RIAA, and FBI written all over it lol

Azureus +1

</troll>

troll? just stating the truth in my case.

µTorrent is still my client of choice, I just wanted to say that this UseNext support hurts its "do no evil" reputation.

Just out of curiosity, what is this Usenext exactly? I've went to their site, and also read an article in wikipedia, but i still don't have an idea what it is.

If it is something to do with news groups, than how is it connected to downloading files?

Does it function as p2p? - If so, than how do they write "download w/o uploading"? Anybody knows that p2p would not be possible if people wouldn't share back.

Anybody wants to explain?

Actually, after I said I'd quit using µTorrent, I faltered, opted to use µTorrent again, giving ludde AGAIN the benefit of the doubt. I was stupid, because ludde is in it for the money, THIS FUCKING PROVES IT. Seriously, he's scared of loosing the ad contract, I bet that usenext got pissed at him for putting the "advertisment" text next to the otherwise legit looking link that uses µTorrents pages to help a known scam harvest even more cash! So, what they did was probably to tell ludde that "dude, you need to lose the "advertisment" text next to our link, it's in the contract OMFG!" .. so ludde, weary of how much income he's getting, opts to revert the link back into the MISLEADING scam link it is today.

Shame on you ludde, I trusted you, and you crapped all over my trust.

edit: to junglemike, check out slyck.com's threads about the subject, hell.. even type in "useNext" and "scam" in google, and you've got an eyeful!

Sample: http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16878

Here's a thread, where somebody asks about useNext, and the slyck people begin to go "their deal is unfair, get another deal" whereupon this shill (a person that advertises for useNext by appearing as a legit normal user) appears and begins to state outrageous things, also, google on this nick (slyder23) to get MORE threads where this person has "sold" usenext to people.

It's a scam, and anyone who hasn't got it by now should google it some more, seriously, what's the problem?

Perhaps the problem is that firon or ludde doesn't WANT to understand... eh?

"you can buy anything, it's just a matter of knowing the right price"

How can anyone say it is not a scam???........Like stated above do a google search usenext+scam =12,900 hits....

For you to discredit Slyck is hilarious,Slyck been on the internet before Utorrent was even dreamed of.......Whats next are you going to discredit every other forum that says its a scam........

Firon, I also find it ridiculous that you'd have to meet or speak with someone to believe it's a scam when all the info can be found with a simple web search.......Your just not in a position to speak up against Usenext......Neither is Ludde, you have to follow orders from the one that signs your paycheck.......It's fine to profit or to break even with advertising but to allow an advertisment company to put b.s statements on your site is disrespectful to Utorrent and Utorrent users......Maybe these manners that the head of U-torrent has presented in the last couple of months is why donations aren't flying in....

I could see the ad being fine if the ad wasn't decieving newbies into thinking it was legal to download mp3's off the internet and if it stated advertisement next to it but Usenext obviously would have a problem with that since the ad wouldn't lure the people who they're targeting.....The people that usenext isn't targeting already know that Usenext is crapware.........

Oh wow, so now because a site has "seniority," it's the authority, and our opinions count for naught. Excellent.

[sarcasm]I guess those governmental/social upheavals in the past were all wrong. After all, the previous governments had seniority. Down with the Magna Carta! Hey, shouldn't you be listening to what Firon says? He's been a member of the forum long before you ever signed up![/sarcasm]

Gimme a break. We've had enough of our fair share of stories that were not reported/researched in its entirety being posted on Slyck.com's front page -- one is enough, that one being the stupid PeerFactor controversy that proved to be nothing but news sensationalism and hype from the usual news "giants." So what's wrong with taking a not taking everything Slyck.com says as fact (especially if it's only reported on the forums, but not as an official Slyck.com article)?

@bleh: I'd like to see where exactly you read that ludde never wished to make money off of µTorrent. Otherwise, this proves NOTHING. Did you think those Google ads were there just to make the site look prettier? Let me lend you a helping hand... Oh noes, ludde admitted it, he wants to make some money off of µTorrent as his second goal.

Did I mention anything about senority rules???.....Did I mention anything about governments??? Sorry I didn't and if your gonna rip apart what I replied why did you only do select parts???Why didn't you rip the whole post???......Did you do a google search for all the other sites???Probably not

The reason I stated that Slyck has been around longer is because senior people here are avoiding the fact that the ad is misleading......You admin basically flamed Slyck because he's avoiding the obvious and isn't in position to flame Ludde......The reason why I included the fact of how long Slyck has been around compared to Utorrent is to show that they may have more credibility or expierence in these subjects by default of existing longer.....I didn't say they were the god of P2P news,nor did I leave them as the sole site that believes Usenext is a scam/rouge site......What about filesharingtalk.com,download.com,gnutellaforums,zeropaid.com.......Should I continue???LOL.......There is even Wiki about it...........All just a big coincidence.........

Firon and other members here are either very gullable to believe that Usenext is legal or they are not educated enough about filesharing/newsgroups........Which both I find hard to belive since they,meaning the members & Firon, are part of a filesharing app forum.........

It's fine to make as much $$$$ as you want Ludde but don't make money while deceiving......It disrepects Utorrent,P2P,among other things.........

Slyck is half the reason why unfounded rumors about a lot of things spread. THey've got some nice articles, but some aren't that well researched. And their forums are filled with morons.

bleh: There's no ad contract (unless the affiliate program counts as that), and the (Advertisement) text was removed because people don't click on the link otherwise.

MinLo: technically, usenext IS legal. And usenet DOES have legal content (even if most people don't use it for that). I should know, I used it for years for strictly legal stuff. :P

I never said that Ludde wasn't to make money, it's the *way* he's making it. Supporting a known scam like this one certainly isn't a reputable way and it certainly doesn't give off the image that µTorrent is a reliable client either. That's my gripe with everything, not the fact that he's earning cash.

However, if you condone this sort of behaviour, why not remove the "scam pages selling µT" thread then? I mean, it's obvious double morals to have a thread about "bad scammers", when you're supporting one isn't it?

Apart from some random forum posts, I can't really find any hard evidence.

And the fact is that I have talked to people who've used their trial, and none of them had the problems said forums mentioned. Were someone to directly post HERE or on IRC that they've had one of these scam experiences (and no one has to date), then it'd be a problem.

Well, that's interesting, people don't click on an ad when it's obvious it's an ad? wouldn't that give you some sort of indication of how much µTorrent is worth in trust alone to the average user?

Also, seeing as it's a deliberate move to remove this "advertisment" part of the link also shows that it wasn't just a spur of the moment thing, it's a planned move.

Hmm, interesting.

As for people useNext has scammed, how about if you emailed some people that have reported said scam on forums? That would be a nice start one would think. And as some posts on slyck indicate, not every person that uses useNext gets ripped off, just random people. (It's a smart idea really.) But, if you look at the facts empirically, why would *that* many people bash useNext on so many different forums if there wasn't anything fishy with it? is there a world wide "anti-useNext" conspiracy or something?

No clue. Just an idea, but recall how everyone started bashing on µTorrent immediately after the Slyck.com article on PeerFactor+µTorrent, saying it was anti-P2P, and contained spyware (lol). That cropped up on a bunch of sites as well, and there clearly wasn't any worldwide "anti-µTorrent" conspiracy, just rumors that spread like wildfire. Is the UseNeXT thing a rumor? No clue. But personally, I have no opinion regarding the matter, as I've yet to see conclusive evidence for either side as well.

@MinLo: Is there an obligation for me to answer to the whole post? Did I say anywhere I was going to destroy the whole post? Am I Firon, answering for the part of your post directed toward him? If you think I am just because of something I wrote in "sarcasm tags," then you gotta rethink what the point of my post to you was. As for every other site, that wasn't your point either, so please, don't bother bringing them up. You were saying that seniority rules the roost in your post, loud and clear, don't try to make it look otherwise. So whether there's another site or not, I don't care, as it was neither your original point, nor mine.

Archived