Seeding Goal setting

Hiwashi

I'm looking for some clarification on how the Seeding Goal throttle works.

From what I've been reading on the uTorrent Help, after a Seeding torrent reaches the "Minimum Ratio" that I choose, it will have its speed throttled.

Let's say I have Minimum Ratio at 150%, Minimum seeding time at 0 ( I want for it to seed regardless of time ) and Minimum number of available seeds at 0. The Limit the upload rate setting is NOT checked.

If I have 2 Seeding Torrents which have not reached the seeding goal of 150%. I assume uTorrent will give those 2 torrents the same bandwidth priority.

Once the first Seeding Torrent reaches 150%, uTorrent will reduce its seed priority and give it to the second one.

After both of them reach 150%, they will once again sit at the same bandwidth priority.

Let's now say that those two are very popular, so even after reaching the seeding goal and being "bumped down" in priority, together, they are still using 100% of my UL bandwidth. And that is fine.

I then add a 3rd seeding torrent, this torrent however, is way below the Minimum Ratio. uTorrent should then give this 3rd torrent a higher priority. However, this torrent is not as popular, so even if I stop the other two torrent, the max bandwidth that it will use by itself is 20% of my total UL ( low demand, or just peer with low DL ).

My question is: If I leave the first two torrents active, and add this 3rd one, will uTorrent still use all of my UL bandwidth even tough the 3rd one has high priority? 20% of my bandwidth for the new, high priority torrent ( because it's all that is being asked by the peers ) and then the other 80% will be re-assigned to the low-priority torrents / high demand torrents?

I expect uTorrent to assign as much bandwidth as possible to the highest priority seeding torrent ( the ones that have yet to reach the Minimum Ratio ), but if said torrent is not using all of my UL bandwidth and other seeding torrents are active and with high demand, uTorrent will give what is left of my UL to them, even though they already reached their seeding goal.

Is this the case?

Once the first Seeding Torrent reaches 150%, uTorrent will reduce its seed priority and give it to the second one
All seeding jobs have the same 'priority' in the queue.
My question is: If I leave the first two torrents active, and add this 3rd one, will uTorrent still use all of my UL bandwidth even tough the 3rd one has high priority?
See above
20% of my bandwidth for the new, high priority torrent ( because it's all that is being asked by the peers ) and then the other 80% will be re-assigned to the low-priority torrents / high demand torrents?

No and No

There is no priority given to seeding jobs UNLESS you override the global setting for each job and/or change the threshold settings for 'slow' jobs.

I expect uTorrent to assign as much bandwidth as possible to the highest priority seeding torrent ( the ones that have yet to reach the Minimum Ratio ), but if said torrent is not using all of my UL bandwidth and other seeding torrents are active and with high demand, uTorrent will give what is left of my UL to them, even though they already reached their seeding goal.

Is this the case?

No ... See above.

Let's say I have Minimum Ratio at 150%, Minimum seeding time at 0 ( I want for it to seed regardless of time ) and Minimum number of available seeds at 0. The Limit the upload rate setting is NOT checked.
It won't. The job will go to 'Finished' as soon it reaches 150%.

If you want it to continue seeding indefinitely set a limit for the upload rate and a high ratio.

Archived