Seeding Limit

Piaowaka

Hi all. I am new to this and found out i was a leecher and was not seeding right from what i read on another post from another site. I understand it alot better from reading about it on this site. I have utorrent and really like it. It is easy to. Comprehend. I am truly sorry for not seeding correctly.

What i still do not understand is the seeding limit. How to tell if one has seeded enough. I need a simple explaination for dummies. Lol i have read all the tech ones and they are over my head.

So could someone please explain what the numbers mean and the seeding ratios. I understand that a good one is 1.1 but need to know how to see this in utorrent so i can be seeding correctly and not overdo it or under do it.

Thanks. Pia

So could someone please explain what the numbers mean and the seeding ratios. I understand that a good one is 1.1 but need to know how to see this in utorrent so i can be seeding correctly and not overdo it or under do it.

Nope, seeding ratios only matter if you are on a private tracker (where you never will keep up an enforced ratio in any case).

Otherwise what you seed back is between you, your conscience and the limits your ISP sets.

Also this is a forum for issues with the uTorrent client specifically, so on the whole we don't really care about how much content you download and upload (or not).

Archived