RSS Download file location defaults to C:\Torrents

rnd

Hay all,

Sure it's something simple I'm overlooking but have an issue where the RSS files I download (automatic) go to a directory C:\Torrents (if I delete, just creates it again) instead of the directory I've set up under Preferences>Directories of E:\Torrents

Torrents I download manually (via the browser) are found just fine and the file ends up in my E:\Torrents directory as expected.

This used to work flawless... three things occurred: 1) got a new computer and reinstalled everything 2) now working with Win8 (from XP) 3) when I installed uTorrent - happen on the latest upgrade. So lots of places I could be messing up.

System: i3 with Win8, two drives, c: and installed another HDD on e:

uTorrent: was running the current 32-bit release but tried the 3.3.2 Beta Build 29944 (32-bit) to see if that would change anything... noticed no changes.

Any help much appreciated.

-rnd

1. Using a previous settings.dat? Try an empty one (or mine below)

2. Is "Move to" path defined?

3. Predefined destination inside the torrent 'favorite' pref in RSS ?

1. No it was a fresh install, and before only had one drive so it was going to C:\Torrents, may have always had this issue but never noticed!

2. Not using that option (Options>Preferences>Directories) "Move .torrents for finished jobs to" box is not checked but tried using it it and still gets downloaded to C:\Torrents. Even tried adding the end slash E:\Torrents\ but no change. Again, torrents I download manually via the browser work fine... so odd.

3. Maybe...? How would I check for this? AFAIK it's just an RSS (from TVTorrents) with a list of available torrents. The site doesn't say anything about it having a specific directory "hard coded" and don't see where I'd "predefine" that in setting up my RSS feed in uTorrent. Is there? (know there is an option to change where it goes after the .torrent is loaded but don't see how to do it before hand in the RSS aside from the Options>Preferences>Directories).

EDIT:

Will give your .dat file a shot though. To be clear, this replaces my "setting.dat" file?

Thanks for the input.

Yes, it does. And it is unlikely that it will effect this issue. Possibly a bug in 3.3.2 *beta*. You can try 3.3.1 till they'll fix it.

Look at options->RSS-downloader->favorite->select->Save In (unless it is an empty list...).

BTW, this would be the place to "fix" it..

Look at options->RSS-downloader->favorite->select->Save In (unless it is an empty list...).

BTW, this would be the place to "fix" it..

Wow... exactly. Something obvious that I was missing, thank you so much Rafi.

Ciao!

Guess I totally missed that setting under setting up the RSS feed (there is a place to set where you want that particular feed to be stored. By default it was C:\Torrents OR that's what I put then at first then went on to move everything to E:\Torrents forgetting about that setting.

It would be less confusing if that option (pulling up the RSS edit box) came up when clicking the RSS feed in the console view.

Anyway, thanks again... so simple.

-RND

You cannot put is there, because it is *not* a property of the feed itself, but of the favorite/show. From the same feed you can derive many shows, each with it's own destination.

Well, all's well that ends well... :)

Archived