Torrents stop at 99+% (but peers show 100% availability)

k_cirtap

I've done some searching, but don't see this problem listed so will add it.

I am a new uTorrent user and have 5 torrents downloading. Two of them have reached 99+% (one is at 99.9% and the other at 99.6%) completion. Both have stopped downloading, even though both show at least one peer with 100% availability. Any idea why this has happened and how to get the torrents to finish?

Many thanks for any help offered.

Detailed Info panel -> Info tab What is the number at the right hand end of the availability bar?

There are peers connected with 100% availability,
A.K.A. 'Seeds'
yet nothing is downloading from them.
Have some patience for goodness sake, if they are connected but not upoading to your client it may be they are busy seeding OTHER piece requests.

Check the peer flags and just wait until they have free slots for your client.

"Have some patience for goodness sake"? It has been THREE DAYS that these peers/seeds/whatever have been connected without downloading a single byte of information! I think I have been patient enough.

I was told that uTorrent was "the best" torrent program around, but I never had this problem using Vuze. I may just have to go back to it, because this has certainly been an unpleasant introduction to uTorrent.

It has been THREE DAYS that these peers/seeds/whatever have been connected without downloading a single byte of information!

And??? Man I've had jobs that have taken SIX MONTHS to complete

So how about the answer to

Detailed Info panel -> Info tab What is the number at the right hand end of the availability bar?
but I never had this problem using Vuze.
On the same jobs?

After 5 days of total downloading inactivity (I'm not even going to respond to your question because it is irrelevant to my problem), I stopped the torrent, reinstalled Vuze, started the torrent there and copied all the data that I had downloaded through here. Guess what? I am connected to ALL the peers now and the download will finish in about 3 minutes. Guess what else? Without a doubt, uTorrent is gone from my system.

I hope others who may be thinking of trying this program will see this thread and know not to waste their time with it.

(I'm not even going to respond to your question because it is irrelevant to my problem),

Of course it is relevant, if the jobs run perfectly well and complete in client 'A' but not in client 'B' then the problem is with client 'B' rather an external issue with peers or trackers.

You have now proved fairly conclusively it IS a uTorrent problem, rather than it merely seeming to be a uTorrent problem.

Fault finding is and always has been a process of elimination.

Archived