Tried a portable version, moved files, default directory can't be set

compositor

I am using the portable version on removable media however the program says something to the effect that the media must remain the same.

I then copied the program to my system drive and it now refers to the previous location.

When I try to set it as a default directory, it is merely something in the list I have to set every single time I want to download something.

What do you mean' date=' the problem is in the application itself, not as a result of anything anyone else done.[/quote']

Until you are using an OFFICIALLY released version that was downloaded from the uTorrent website your 'issues' are NOT supported here.

Where does it say this?

I think your information is incorrect in any case, because uTorrent now supports portable media by default; hence my post.

Any other's who can help?

Perhaps I can post again saying I am using the *real* version since the behavior would be exactly the same.

I think your information is incorrect in any case, because uTorrent now supports portable media by default; hence my post.

Correct, but until it is set up as the user manual says, how can we OR you be sure that something that Portable Apps have in their version of the settings is NOT the cause of the problem?

• 2 weeks later...
Correct, but until it is set up as the user manual says, how can we OR you be sure that something that Portable Apps have in their version of the settings is NOT the cause of the problem?

Fair point, but the problem I am referring to is in the dialog box and is a binary feature of the application.

I could ask in the pa.com forum but I will likely be referred here and without being pedantic, i.e. opening another account here, I am simply looking for a way to feed this up to the developer because my experience is uTorrent is the highest quality torrenting application that exists.

The portable apps this uses the official uTorrent.exe, it even downloads it from utorrent.com during "installation", so it is unofficial as much as every other setup where the user changed a single setting from the default.

My point exactly :)

So as to the issue I have outlined, is there any "official" comment?

• 2 weeks later...
And what is the problem, as it behaves the same as the official?

If you copy utorrent.exe anywhere it will need its settings.dat in the same folder or it will use the one in %AppData%, simple.

The problem is as I have already outlined:

"When I try to set it as a default directory, it is merely something in the list I have to set every single time I want to download something".

Thanks for the information but I think this is hard coded into the app.

"When I try to set it as a default directory, it is merely something in the list I have to set every single time I want to download something".

So you actually mean that the selector on the "Add dialogue" is showing the last directory used rather than the default one!

Archived