Upload speed limit not honored

DaRoderick

Hi all,

As the title states the upload speed I put on is not honored. I put on 5 kb/s limit since my upload speed is very, very crappy and more will take the complete bandwith. Eventhough I set this limit, it doesn't work and uploads full speed which makes my download not go above 40 kb/s..

I used both the latest stable version and the latest alpha version. The same problems occur at both versions. My settings:

3Kxam.png

3KxaH.png

3Kxbb.png

I hope one of you could help me with my problem.

Kind regards. :)

So not much in uTorrent itself then?

Limit of 5 kb/s, the only thing actually using internet was uTorrent, turned other clients which use upload off,

What about ALL the other things that use data transfer?

Anti-virus, automatic updating of almost every application you will have installed, DNS client, DHCP client plus a multitude of other things that run in the background?

AND

Limit of 5 kb/s,
uTorrent limits and speeds are given in Bytes per second NOT bits per second.

So not much in uTorrent itself then?
Limit of 5 kb/s, the only thing actually using internet was uTorrent, turned other clients which use upload off,

What about ALL the other things that use data transfer?

Anti-virus, automatic updating of almost every application you will have installed, DNS client, DHCP client plus a multitude of other things that run in the background?

AND

Limit of 5 kb/s,
uTorrent limits and speeds are given in Bytes per second NOT bits per second.

I killed literally every other thing. I put the limit on 5 kb/s and it goes above that, you can clearly see it on the picture..

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I fixed my problem with upload not limiting by ticking the box in 'options/ preferences/ Bandwidth / Apply rate limit to uTP connections. Hope this helps you DaRoderick.

Cheers.

TYVM Jimmi777, I had just posted a similar issue, and your suggestion seems to have solved it (at least for the time being :D )

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar problems whit latest stable 3.3.2........ i can SET and LIMIT the upload speed correctly:

- Sometime the limit it's not respected...

- Othertime it's not reached........... or some rules it's not working correctly.

This is my actual setting:

mTDiz8O.png

and here:

H0P6d12.png

Look on back....... there is a completed torrent about 16GB......because if it's completed the download it's not ZERO (and the rule of 70KB/s when download it's completed it's not respected) ??

All other option i have checked it's corrected ??? Or not ??

*EDIT*

I have found this FAQ:

http://www.utorrent.com/intl/it/help/faq/troubleshooting#faq3

Ok.. it's out clearly.......... but at this point it's useless to setting a different upload speed like my setting....... or i need to set a tollerance ?!!?! IT's possibly ?

because if it's completed the download it's not ZERO (and the rule of 70KB/s when download it's completed it's not respected) ??

The "Alternate speed when not downloading" is not specific to individual jobs, it is a global setting, and even a completed job uses inbound overhead (download). Particularly when there are a lot of connected peers as there is in your screenshots.

Othertime it's not reached
That is up to the connected peers not your settings. Your setting can only limit.
... (and the rule of 70KB/s when download it's completed it's not respected) ??
Your client's status bar IS showing that the upload IS below your 70kB limit at 56.8 kB/s

Archived