All downloads go to queue mode but will start manually

greg30

I am using newest utorrent program on both laptops I have. On one laptop, when I use utorrent for downloading torrents my download goes into queue mode. I have to manually force start it or it will stay in queue mode forever regardless of the number of downloads I have going on.

As a check, on other laptop, downloads go immediately into start mode after metadata is collected.

I have searched everywhere for an answer to this as no settings are set nor do I see any options to put all new downloads into queue mode. It also appears that the trouble may be it is not collecting the metada first and instread, goes into queue, but I am not sure on this. Both laptops have exact same settings and exact same current version. OS are different but it is a Windows version on both also. Any help would be appreciated on fixing this.

thanks

Ok, so what do you have in the status bar of the main window?

"Queued 0.00%"

Also checked that when I click on torrent link to download and open, it goes immediately to utorrent and does not read metadata. Shows a very quick Queued as stated above.

Both laptops have exact same settings and exact same current version.

Set DIFFERENT listen ports and forward them to the appropriate internal IP would be my first guess.

I hit the random port button Connection>Listening Port and generated another port number. Very strange as to consequences. Torrent downloads went into Queued status, and no download speed or upload speed was showing until download completed. I got the "xx finished downloading" in bottom right corner. Some finished torrent downloads in show Status as" Finished", some show as "Queued Seed." They all downloaded with no manual starting, but none of info was shown as to down, up speed, ETA, or % completed.

How would I set another port number to the "appropriate internal IP?" Does generating a random port do this for you automatically?

=============================================================================

I exited out of utorrent and restarted after downloading these few torrents after changing listening port. Downloaded another torrent and it went back to same problem as initially described. Status "Queued 0.00%." Hit random port link again to get another port number and is now showing "Queued 10.2%"

Queued 20.4%, and so on until it finishes out, which I have no idea as to health, down or up speed, or ETA.. Just noticed one torrent very slow to download just showed ETA info. Very small torrent at 312kb.

No info on bottom links as to "Peers."

If I click on bottom link "Logger" I see some info that says "DNS resolution failed for tracker......"

I also see "Error opening Windows firewall:0x80070005 Access is denied." Not sure if any of this means anything but thought I would add as much info as possible to help to diagnose this problem.

Torrent just finished downloading. Status "Queued Seed." Did not show this status until I exited out of the right corner alert that torrent had finished downloading.

How would I set another port number to the "appropriate internal IP?" Does generating a random port do this for you automatically?

Only if you restart uTorrent AND your router fully supports UPnP or NAT-PMP.

If I click on bottom link "Logger" I see some info that says "DNS resolution failed for tracker......"

I also see "Error opening Windows firewall:0x80070005 Access is denied." Not sure if any of this means anything but thought I would add as much info as possible to help to diagnose this problem.

Says that:

The listen port is closed

OR

A firewall is blocking uTorrent.

OR

Your ISP has rerouted DNS for that tracker hostname.

OR

any combination of the above.

Ok' date=' so what do you have in the status bar of the main window?[/quote']

"Queued 0.00%"

This doesn't answer my question.

You gave the status column, not the status bar.

Status bar shows Far Left side > Torrents downloading,seeding, completed,etc

> Feeds

>Devices

Other part of status bar shows each individual torrent that I have either downloaded or am downloading along with Size, Status, Health, Down sp. Up sp. ETA, Rating, Playback, App, ratio, Label. I assume this is the total Status bar info which I have checked to show.

This did work fine a few months ago. I load a lot of torrent downloads and this is getting annoying. Need to find out how to get this to auto start. Also want to add that both laptops are on Wi fi connection broadband.

Archived