Problems in all Directions

gabym

I literally know nothing about this stuff so please bear with me. So, I'll address the first issue. I set up UTorrent from a UTube video and everything was going great. The torrents were downloading so quickly, which was unlike any other client (I hope that's right) I've used. I should state that I also have BitLord and Vuze and was using them contemporaneously with UTorrent. Anyway, things were great and then suddenly I was getting no downloads. A little troubleshooting showed that I had lost the RSS feed. So, I followed instructions on a How To video on how to remedy the problem. Following further instruction I went onto no particular site and placed my cursor beneath any film, right clicked beneath one of the films ready for download. I presumed it was the URL which automatically went onto the URL Feed line of the Add RSS Feed box. That worked for a couple of downloads and I realized I had to be missing something because things weren't happening so I went back to the How To video. I learned that I wasn't getting some descriptive characters from the URL Feed and pasting them onto the Custom Alias line. No characters appeared for me to paste. Further investigation revealed that a port wasn't open. So back to the How To video. I went to that place, which I don't know what it's technically called, where I had to give some commands to get the characters that appeared on the Default Gateway designation. Of course, nothing was there. At this point I felt that my doing any technical alterations without the proper guidance might not be such a good idea. I then went back to what had initially worked and worked it did except that the downloads went to BitLord, not UTorrent. I didn't realize that this would be a little more difficult than I had anticipated and that things would go so haywire. Any help anyone would be able to offer a neophyte like me would be so appreciated. I apologize for my verbosity. - G

Your name - I Never Claimed to be Nice - is clearly a misnomer. I can think of plenty apropos designations. With your obvious inflated ego, I suspect you only pretend at being knowledgeable since all you did in response to my missive was scold me and act so propriety of UTorrent. It is patently clear, at least to me, that your only outlet for the self hatred you feel is to find fault in others and make them feel inferior and subordinate to you. Had you read the initial line and Iast line of my post I admitted to knowing nothing and being a neophyte in this arena,Clearly the post was a supplication for assistance. I'm sure there are individuals out there in the techy world who would laud my efforts for at least trying and who would be willing to offer any guidance to a humble student. May I suggest the use of anti-depressants and regular visits to a mental health professional, like a psychologist (who will refer you to a psychiatrist for the medication mentioned) or a psychiatrist directly. I don't believe a therapist could treat you. Rest assured there is help for the megalomania you suffer from and probably a couple of other mental illnesses as well. I will pray for you,

Archived