uTorrent not entering setup after initial download

shmac

I've been trying to troubleshoot this for the last few hours, and after many attempts I've decided to make a post.

When I download µTorrent Stable (3.3.1 build 29963) [as well as other beta, alpha versions i have tried], it auto downloads in to my D:\Users\*name*\Downloads . When I double click to start it, nothing happens. I check my processes and it is indeed running in processes, but nothing anywhere else, no setup/install wizard or anything.

When I troubleshoot through Windows and check its compatibility, Windows "recommends" I use Windows XP (Service Pack 2) settings in order to use it. After doing that, uTorrent seems to work, but I don't want to use it that way since it is not designed to be that way. To add to that, I attempted to use the settings.old and such fix to be able to use magnets and such, but the magnets don't seem to work (from TPB).

Computer Information:

Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate Edition

Yes, I use an SSD (C:\ drive) and a HDD(D:\ drive), but I only have OS and Chrome installed on the SSD, the rest (including Users, Program Files, etc.) are all on my HDD. I have no other issues installing games and other random programs in to my HDD directly from download.

Would really appreciate some sort of help. I've searched this forum and the rest of the internet up, down and sideways and haven't seen anyone else with a similar problem.

Thanks in advance!

Archived